Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

How else do I upload pics onto a thread on am iPhone. Here is some of my Shamo.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/a/6320443/o-shamo/
Nate

Nate,

I looked at the albumn you have labeled O-shamo. Those are nice healthy looking fowl.

I just don't think they are representative of "Shamo or O Shamo" as you have them labeled. Others, more experienced, than me may have something else to add???? You may want to look back at previous post by FOWLMAN01 for excellent examples of O-Shamo for reference.

Personally, It looks like they have Thai, maybe Ganoi in them.

I am not sure if that's important to you or not. I guess, as long as you are happy with them that is all that matters.

I have bought these fowl from reputable breeders. Guy Koch(oldcowboy) is one of the 2 breeders I have bought from. The spangled white stag is only 6 months old and the 2 hens in the pictures are 8 months old. The bbr are a 2 year old trio are absolutely massive bids the cock weighs around 12 lbs. The only thing I do not like about the cock is the comb. It is a little large in my opinion. Other than that he is a stout bird. The spangled stag has a great body frame especially for his age.

Nate

I have thought about either the Shamos or the Thailand. I haven't pick one for sure but I'm leaning towards the Thai. I have raised chickens for about 5 years and I have mostly just Americaunas and Australorps. and those are some more calm breeds then the Thai I hear so I was looking into home much I would have to change my coop to raise some.

The main thing is having individual pens where the birds can't reach or even see each other. Or use secure tie cords with no other gamefowl ranging. There are lots of other "special" points for raising games especially OG's, but that's not what your question was about.

So would I have to to keep the females individual pens too? or can I raise OG's like I do other breeds where I have 1 cock to 5-6 hens? or would that cause to much fighting?

Most people say that the pullets of a same hatch will tolerate each other, and they say that good hens (unrelated) shouldn't tolerate others.
I agree, but will say that it is possible to find "bad" birds (as far as being game) that will tolerate each other and may be good for exhibition. I'm assuming that's what you want them for.
I believe they should be kept game even if used for exhibition.

Back
Top Bottom