Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Personally, I don't think you'll find a Asil breeder on a 'hatch-a-long.' LOL. Sarge you are just too funny.

Here's a head shot or two for you. (Stag in the top picture/cock in the lower one.)

Last edited:
Personally, I don't think you'll find a Asil breeder on a 'hatch-a-long.' LOL. Sarge you are just too funny.

im not looking for one "on" the hatch along thread.... i was looking for the hatch along....DW is going to have about 2dz shes setting and i wanted to have one dz at least to set for myself.... im not a complete retard! as my old sergent would call us....

Some very nice Asils gentlemen. Here are a few more to highlight the great variety within the Asil communnity and there are plenty more out there. There are many to chose from so I believe it greatly depends on your personal preference.

BTW- One of the last photos shows Mr. Wahl's excellent looking Asils. He does sell eggs! I have never purchased any but have heard nothing but good things regarding his Asils.

Puerto Rican Asils:

Argentinian Asils: (pico y patas blancas)

Indian Grey:

Pumkin Pakistani:

Atkinsons Asil:

Asil: (great neck and head structure)

Mr Wahls Asils:

Harris Asil:

Pakistani Structual Overview:

Hope you enjoyed the ASIL eye candy! ! !

Beautiful birds!
So then If I sell hatching eggs I'll automatically come across as a bad breeder? I hadn't really thought about it before.
hmm.png
The points made were excellent.

I don't think selling hatching eggs as a beginner is the best idea. Also keep in mind that you're asils are going to do much better if they are raised by their mother. You don't want a batch of chicks to self-destruct so to speak. If you're going to be selling Hatching eggs you need to have the utmost level of confidence that the eggs you sell will produce extremely consistent good results. That's pretty much impossible for a beginner. You also have to deal with people complaining about culls coming out of your hatching eggs which I can guarantee you will happen. There are in fact a few very good breeders of fowl who will sell hatching eggs but I would have to say that they are in the minority.

I ask the question ( Why wouldn't a good breeder sell eggs?) I got answers and I have thought about what I have heard , this is what I have come up with. A good breeder does not sell eggs because he is afraid he might sell his best bird . So he only sells adult birds, so he can keep the best and sell the rest. A buyer would be well advised to buy eggs because he could maybe get a good bird at a good price.

So if you sell eggs you are not a bad breeder but unselfish,and if you buy eggs you may get a good bird at a good price.
That doesn't mean that a person who will not sell eggs is selfish...they simply have made the decision to only sell started birds or to not sell anything at all. It's a personal breeding decision.

I personally feel that a breeder being worried about selling off one's best birds when selling hatching eggs is not the primary concern. Hatching eggs are inherently a crapshoot, many times they won't hatch and then you're stuck wondering whether you should send more eggs refund the money or what. The person doing the hatching is just as likely if not more likely to get culls as they are to get great birds. Then they post pictures of the culls all over BYC and start selling eggs next year on eBay using your name. This is how reputations get ruined and a lot of people would prefer to keep their reputations intact. When you buy started birds from a knowledgeable breeders they have done the culling for you. That service alone is worth a fair price.

Back
Top Bottom