Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Thought I would post an updated pic of my O shamo he is a year old this month

dunno looks like our thais also... but as we've said; thais are actually a functional mix that are made up of saipan, burma laos, s.thai, khmen...

You have listed several different breeds of fowl, which thai are a breed of their own too. Trust me when I say I understand completely where you are coming from, as I am quite familiar with how hmong breed fowl, but in the same respect, I can guarantee there is no Saipan in Thai...lol! There is a specific type for Thai gamefowl, even though it is hard to come by with all the mixing of different breeds like Thai, Ga Noi, Burmese, ect... As I said though, the birds pictured look very nice, but definitely have a heavy shamo influence in them. About the only Thai trait you can see in the stag is the tail.

i dont know, he looks like all the pics of the thai fowls ive seen on thai sites but like i said, my husband is poor village issaan, for him function is more important then pure bred. but all this is rather like among dog breeds: what used to be jsut one type/breed of turkish sheepdog, now there are separated breeds based on area, coat, colour, or whatever- they all look the same, only someone who works with turkish sheepdogs would see the fine differences in lip colour, or fur or facial type. (turkish dogs for the sake of argument, not because of a specific example. black mouth curs are, apparently a breed that has six or seven types, jsut depends on who u talk to. again jsut an example).

unfurtunately, we have to move our adults to an other area, back to where thai migrant workers are living , back to a sort of brother of hubby's, since the coop we were borrowing is being reclaimed for battery chicken egg coops. they will be too long a drive to get to them daily or even every week; i cant have them here, they need room to run and i cant have roos. maybe i will keep two just as pets here in our greenhouse; htey can more then hold their own against our local predators, nothing like a boxing hen to box a lhasa in the nose to teach a dog some manners.

so all 22 babies will also have to move, and we will not have any fowls near us, just when i was hoping to start to pay attention to differences in comb, leg, wattle and behavior ... now most likely for sure they will be used in sport. well that is life...

Lovemybirdpets,
I thought it was a shamo, too. Glad someone else said it first. Is that the rooster that killed the hawk? If so, he not only looks tough but really is!

Back
Top Bottom