Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

It ain't got nothing to do with hurt feelings.

I was taught, 'The truth is honorable.' (Evidently, that is a foreign concept to lots of folks nowadays... pity.)

The Asil all look very nice to me. I especially like the one in the top photo.

The Shamos are too far from the camera to really tell much about them good or bad. If they came from the same source as the Asil then what you are told is most likely the truth as someone that sold you that good of an Asil would surely not mess you up on the Shamo. imo

They look like nice birds even for having been indoors. I agree with Doc that many of photos are to far at a distance to give and real feedback pertaining to the individual breeds. All that really matter is that you are happy with them as they are your pets and you are the one feeding them.
smile.png

Thanks everyone. I've hatched the Asils from eggs that I bought from Lenny Wahl aka Flyinfrizzle and I'm real happy with them. I got the Shamos from a guy that lives about an hour away from me. he stopped by to buy birds and he brought some chicks with him to trade, I ended up with two stags and four pullets. the stags and one o the pullets are BB reds and the tree other pullets are Blue red.

Saladin,I will be taking better pictures of the Shamo when I get a chance. I'll make sure that there crops are not bulging out like Tennis Balls.
I'll also include pictures of my other Shamo stag. maybe you can help me pick the Keeper out of the two.
I like to hear other people opinions as I might have bias to what I like to see in my birds and I might overlook something that another set of eyes will catch.

Last edited:
South American Reza (Hindu) Asil Brood cock, 5.5lbs "El Chato"

2013 Offspring:

A big " Thank you" goes to my friend and mentor Mrs. Chung.

Hatched my first full Hyderabad chicks. She came off the nest with 8, started with 12, kicked 2 out and left 2 on the nest.

Mamma

Proud Bullstag

Back
Top Bottom