Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Just this morning, I sloughed a major part of my flock. Almost nothing left but my wonderful NNs.

I'm thinking there might be room ( and time) to treat an Oriental cock bird with the attention he would deserve.

My Shamo cross wondering why his feet are so cold. Lol

What catched my eye... well, some of these legs belong to very old rooster. :)

I am not sure what was your intent when you shot these leg pix. To show the age? or to read the scale. If to read the scale then you failed as the pix was taken mostly sideway (leg was turned 30 degree) and some plastic ring was covering the scale.

When shooting leg scale for reading, I have a certain tips:
-Set the camera to macro mode (a flower symbol in the camera)
-Shoot 1 leg at a time, mostly you will try to shoot the front of the leg as straight as possible.
-If possible, shoot the back of the leg, shoot the 2 sides
-Views we need to read are: front of leg, back of leg, outside of leg, inside of leg (right above the scale, front toes, back toe, scales near bottom, scales near knee.
-There are more views but I will limit to legs only at this time
-To help the camera to focus, press the leg against another background such as a piece of flat wood (so the camera doesn't focus on the ground, the grass or your blue jean etc)

If you want to learn about the art of scale reading, I can show you or send you a few books on this.

Stay warm

PS: I like the left leg in the first photo; however, the view was not clear enough

Last edited:
Hung,
I appreciate the feedback and suggestions. But the sole purpose was to hight the different type of shanks found on Asils; and in particular on my Reza Asils. It was not to ask for scale readings. Although I think it's a good Art form to understand. Perhaps one day, I will take you up on that offer my friend to learn more about the art of scale reading. I am always open to learn something new.

But around here not much attention is given to scale reading, as the birds are not looked over, contempated, sized and resized, held and argued 30 mins about.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom