Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Square shank legs birds are my favorite . I don't know is the angle how the picture was taken his legs looks short or hi is a blend of ganoi and aseel . What is the case on this hennie feather ?
To be certain, I have no idea how to answer your question because I don't own the bird nor did I take the picture...I simply
'purloined' it from else where to point out the type of 'Oriental' bird that appeals to me. Regrets and apologies to the bird's owner if there's any hard feelings.
frow.gif

@ whitewolfloft and Elbert...I don't know much about your breeds but you both have fine looking birds to me. While my scope and knowledge is quite limited, I do intend to learn so I won't be completely ignorant of Orientals and other game fowl.

RON

EDIT: And to you, troyer....my apologies for being a butt-hole....It's an affliction I'm trying to eliminate. (Pardon the pun).
highfive.gif

Last edited:
@ whitewolfloft and Elbert...I don't know much about your breeds but you both have fine looking birds to me. While my scope and knowledge is quite limited, I do intend to learn so I won't be completely ignorant of Orientals and other game fowl.

RON

EDIT: And to you, troyer....my apologies for being a butt-hole....It's an affliction I'm trying to eliminate. (Pardon the pun).
highfive.gif
I am not offended in any way. I just thought I'd post, because not everyone knows all the laws. Some years ago there was a person here in my state that killed 2 bald eagles and several large hawks. Someone reported him and he got checked out, come to find out he had no idea that it was illegal to kill hawks and eagles (someone with no internet or tv). They put a $25,000 fine on him and 3 years in jail.
He thought he was just protecting his chickens and eliminating the predator.

I am not offended in any way. I just thought I'd post, because not everyone knows all the laws. Some years ago there was a person here in my state that killed 2 bald eagles and several large hawks. Someone reported him and he got checked out, come to find out he had no idea that it was illegal to kill hawks and eagles (someone with no internet or tv). They put a $25,000 fine on him and 3 years in jail.
He thought he was just protecting his chickens and eliminating the predator.
Thank you. I appreciate that.

Thanks! He's a Philippine Parawakan.
Again, good looking bird. Shows how much I know!

I'm looking very hard at acquiring a Vietnamese cock bird. I've sorta' narrowed it down between 4 birds but the weather here is scaring me. From the nearest airport, he will have to travel 2 hours by truck to the central Post office then another another 2.5 hours to my local post office. With all that, I have no idea how long he would have to sit on a tarmac in Pittsburgh PA before he would be trucked into West Virginia.

I'm trying to see if I can get him held up at the central office, where we could pick him up in our personal truck where we KNOW he would be warn.

West Virginia is a beautiful place to live but in terms of shipping single live birds, we are like a Third World Country.

EDIT:I thought this bird was so attractive, I did a bit of research on it. I think my mistake was an honest one.

Just so many beautiful birds out there but I can't seem to avert my interest in the Vietnamese birds that I've seen. That's what I will have.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom