Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

@hungnguyen It's been very successful! Very healthy. I don't hatch any babies past August unless I have too. The cold always stunt or kills my late hatch chicks.

Sometimes I have a great one so I try to breed him during off season so Sept-Oct is the time that I breed. In the past I don't have trouble keeping the youngster during the winter time. When the mom leaves them, I just raise them in a brooder with heat lamp. This year everything was ok until .... one freezing day with the winter storm ... and we lost power for a day...

@thaokou21 your birds are very nice! if you ever get some babies like that samba let me know!

Well do, but so far haven't got a single comb yet, got some big pea comb only. Got all my breeding done already. Just working on getting me a samba with all my hens now. lol.

Here is my Thai stag when he was about 7 months old. He's almost 10 months now and I have a hen sitting on eggs from him now. He's about 7.5lbs and the hen is 1/2 ganoi 1/2 thai at 6lbs.

Here is my Saigon stag at almost 6 months. I also have baby Saigons that have already hatched. I bred his half brother this year. They are Gator Viper line Saigonese.

Back
Top Bottom