Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Laura and Cuba,

The Viper is a set family line I would only categorize as Orientals. I think it's a mistake to call them Asil. The reason I would not call them Asil, as Mr. Saab the creator of the line has stated many times over that the original black hen used, that was given to him by Pasquale of California, was of unknown decent. That's how I understand it...

Though they are very Asil in nature, attitude with a touch of "style".

Thank you for the info... I have to admit all the different breeds & lines make it hard to choose, & a bit confussing. The strength and grace of athelete makes me want them, there is a beauty to game birds.

So Vipers are a line with mixed DNA, but bred to a look and attitude. I think they are good looking birds.

Thank you for the info... I have to admit all the different breeds & lines make it hard to choose, & a bit confussing. The strength and grace of athelete makes me want them, there is a beauty to game birds.

So Vipers are a line with mixed DNA, but bred to a look and attitude. I think they are good looking birds.
If you really have the option of getting which ever breed you want Aseel all the way! Of all the Orientals I think they have the most unique look.

If you really have the option of getting which ever breed you want Aseel all the way! Of all the Orientals I think they have the most unique look.
Right now I am working on learning about the breeds I think are cool for a multi stage plan...

Part 1 get back into keeping a few birds: (bantam or smaller sized LF or I could maybe limit myself to 1 or 2 large breed birds? Basically I need to do some measuring and figure out what I can keep and how many... I have an area in mind in the backyard.) & I am looking at ways to create stealth pen and coop, got to ninja it a bit: so I am very limited right now.(Which is okay restarting small scale is better than over doing it, better for the birds) I want to improve on the chicken keeping things I already know & try new things. I will probably have to have hens only to start with. (I am researching ways to hide a rooster).

Part 2... 10 year plan (this will take patience on my end) continue paying off bills (just eliminated 1 big one) & house, I want to be able to sell this house & retire to a place where I can keep birds and breed them. I have friends in a couple other states, one does sustainable farming.

So that is where I am at, I need to replace and build everything & can not bring birds home till first I have area ready & screened properly & I return from a trip as well (got to go to Virginia this summer). I have shown hubby a few breeds, and found a few he likes. I really would like to keep several different breeds at this point... I do know these breeds have got to be available in this area, huge pacific rim ethnic communities here, just no way they are not in this area, every Asian culture is in this area.

Also I need to learn a bunch more about chicken medicine... there are diseases now I know nothing about as they did not exist as a problem last time I kept birds, also more about emergency care in case any of the birds get into it with each other... that switch being thrown these breeds have.

I definetly need to learn more about Aseels...

Back
Top Bottom