Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Stag 6 month Ko Shamo / O Shamo / Thai. Sorry for the way he look, I just separate him and a pullet couple days ago cause they would not stop fighting.
I really like his teperament and structure and head. I don't know why he has that horn growing off his beak, I have seen that a few times in my offspring but never kept one w it till now.

0.jpg

Feedback much appreciated!
I got currious about what could be causing the extra growth on top of your bird's beak... not much good info on the net, but it could be from an injury when young involving feeders, could be a defiency, but also could be genetic... I really found nothing on genetics yet on this but I wonder as some other breeds seem to get extra bump on top of beaks & these growths maybe assumed injuries or defiencies because no research has been done, basically I did not find any good research on this specific type of issue. In my bumping around and crash course reading of scientific papers I am finding allot of info is really dated which is quoted allot by everyone and when new research is done (assuming I can get the papers to read) it is showing the old info is not exactly correct.

Nice bird BTW I see why you like him.

Just for the fun of it as it has nothing to do with the "horn" but is too cool not to pass along Chickens with Alligator like jaws: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...olution-create-chicken-maniraptora-snout.html Mad Scientists strike again and I want one!
tongue.png
I so need my own genetics lab... maw wah ha ha.

I got currious about what could be causing the extra growth on top of your bird's beak... not much good info on the net, but it could be from an injury when young involving feeders, could be a defiency, but also could be genetic... I really found nothing on genetics yet on this but I wonder as some other breeds seem to get extra bump on top of beaks & these growths maybe assumed injuries or defiencies because no research has been done, basically I did not find any good research on this specific type of issue. In my bumping around and crash course reading of scientific papers I am finding allot of info is really dated which is quoted allot by everyone and when new research is done (assuming I can get the papers to read) it is showing the old info is not exactly correct.

Nice bird BTW I see why you like him.

Just for the fun of it as it has nothing to do with the "horn" but is too cool not to pass along Chickens with Alligator like jaws: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...olution-create-chicken-maniraptora-snout.html Mad Scientists strike again and I want one!
tongue.png
I so need my own genetics lab... maw wah ha ha.
I am really curious about the horn too especially after seeing this cock.
(Pic taken from Sabong.net)

I had a pullet once grow a horn that was maybe 3/8 inch but I sold her.

Last edited:
I am really curious about the horn too especially after seeing this cock.
(Pic taken from Sabong.net)

I had a pullet once grow a horn that was maybe 3/8 inch but I sold her.
Okay now that is one cool looking bird! Rhino Chicken. :) It would be interesting to see if you could breed for this trait. These horns are definitely not abscesses they look like proper horns.

Stag 6 month Ko Shamo / O Shamo / Thai. Sorry for the way he look, I just separate him and a pullet couple days ago cause they would not stop fighting. I really like his teperament and structure and head. I don't know why he has that horn growing off his beak, I have seen that a few times in my offspring but never kept one w it till now. Honestly my feedback is ur crazy! Lol crazy for not keeping every bird that came out with that horn and not starting a new line based off of it haha I would its freaking awesome Feedback much appreciated!

Stag 6 month Ko Shamo / O Shamo / Thai. Sorry for the way he look, I just separate him and a pullet couple days ago cause they would not stop fighting. I really like his teperament and structure and head. I don't know why he has that horn growing off his beak, I have seen that a few times in my offspring but never kept one w it till now. Feedback much appreciated!
BO next time you have any with that horn you don't want let me know I wantm

I added you on youtube
Stag 6 month Ko Shamo / O Shamo / Thai. Sorry for the way he look, I just separate him and a pullet couple days ago cause they would not stop fighting. I really like his teperament and structure and head. I don't know why he has that horn growing off his beak, I have seen that a few times in my offspring but never kept one w it till now. Feedback much appreciated!

what breed or crosses do this?
I think it just occurs in some birds, the best I could find official is "beak deformity" caused by injury, but I doubt that looking at the photos of theses birds compared to actually injured beak photos... I am thinking especially since people state it tends to occur in lines, or a flock of related birds it is genetic, but just not properly researched... So how to breed for it is the Q, because it is just too cool.

Kadjain have you considered breeding for this trait to see if it is genetic & what type of genes they may be?

I think it just occurs in some birds, the best I could find official is "beak deformity" caused by injury, but I doubt that looking at the photos of theses birds compared to actually injured beak photos... I am thinking especially since people state it tends to occur in lines, or a flock of related birds it is genetic, but just not properly researched... So how to breed for it is the Q, because it is just too cool.

Kadjain have you considered breeding for this trait to see if it is genetic & what type of genes they may be? 
I just emailed everything I could find on it along with my personal hypothesis on the occurance of the anomaly to Jack Horner maybe he will have some interest in it. If its only occuring in the large breed orientals maybe its a dormant dino-like trait braught on by line breeding and perhaps the reason it is in these type fowl with they're very different style is because they either took a different evolutionary path or derived from a seperate species of dino all together... Seems a stretch but not really if your familier with Jack Horner and his work with the dino chicken

Back
Top Bottom