Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

They both look like cockerels to me (males). Bearded Thai maybe  .. .

Are u sure they are cockerels and if u want me to capture anything to make sure because some people tell me they are pullets and others tell me that the both are cockerels . Would anybody ensure me what gender they are ????? !!!!!!

With some breeds, 4 months old is just too young to tell (with pictures) what their sex is. The lack of obvious hackle and saddle feathers makes it very difficult. Most of us that have tried to make a determination based on a gut feeling. Some of the responses have been purely a guess. And then some people just post on the thread to keep it from dying.

I know you probably did not want to hear that.........

And you probably don't want to hear this; unfortunately you may have to wait another month or two.

The only positive way to tell on many chickens is "when the crow or when they lay."

Do you own any more chickens of this breed?

Did you raise these chickens? Or buy them?

With some breeds, 4 months old is just too young to tell (with pictures) what their sex is. The lack of obvious hackle and saddle feathers makes it very difficult. Most of us that have tried to make a determination based on a gut feeling. Some of the responses have been purely a guess. And then some people just post on the thread to keep it from dying.

I know you probably did not want to hear that.........

And you probably don't want to hear this; unfortunately you may have to wait another month or two.

The only positive way to tell on many chickens is "when the crow or when they lay."

Do you own any more chickens of this breed?

Did you raise these chickens? Or buy them?
I have another one year rooster just bought it 2day . i will show it to you after i capture it 2day and these two i bought them when they were one week old and i dont know what they are . and now im going to capture the big one to ensure the breed .

Here is the new member and he is one year old . Anyway he would fight with the black one so I isolated them and put the new rooster with some sasu chicken to see what breed they will produce

Soooo...perhaps I was correct?  Right or wrong...I was doing more guess work than using real knowledge (as was pointed out by the real EXPERT).  

I really thought I saw cockerel saddle feather on both but when the 'EXPERTS' speak, the rest of us should stand quiet.

If you are referring to me, thank you for the compliment. But, I am humble enough to know that I am no expert. :)

If you are referring to me, thank you for the compliment. But, I am humble enough to know that I am no expert.
smile.png

Humble or not, you assume incorrectly.

There was at least one other person who gave an opinion different than mine, whom I do consider an expert and he knows who he is. It would be vulgar to name him now but he knows who he is and I personally value and respect his words.

thumbsup.gif
Good luck to you and your birds.

I was not even referring to you in any of my statements, nor was I addressing you. So since the person that I was talking to doesn't mind talking to me in pm's, that is the media I will use to correspond with him in the future.

I am not sure what I did to cause you to attack me, but I can assure you it won't happen again, since I no longer feel that reading this thread is worth my time.........

Back
Top Bottom