Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

What will i get?
Hard to find a good oriental breeders. I live in south texas anyone know of any down this way that will sell chicks

Dose ideal have good birds I ordered 16 birds 10 Saipan 6 shamo half stag half pullers. Planned to creat my own birds. When I was a young man I worked on a game yard and I fell in love with a set of black asil looking birds. Now I'm an older and want a set like that.

Hatcheries make money by selling numbers of chicks compared to quality of chicks. Now don't get me wrong, many hatcheries sell very good, very hardy birds, just if you are looking for something along the lines of pure bred orientals, you will need to find an individual breeder and get quality stuff from them. Many oriental hens lay very few eggs compared to the quantity needed to fill orders at a hatchery and make it profitable to keep said birds in pens. From what I have seen most of Ideals orientals are crossed with other birds to increase egg output. They will make nice starter birds to learn with, but I doubt they will grow to be anything like the ones you remember. Many forums like this one and others on the inet can help you get in touch with real breeders who have real lines of birds. Just be prepared to pay more than what you forked out for your Ideal stock. Good luck in your search...

I only want a trio of orientals then I was gonna cross with wife's meet n egg pullets letting cock have run of flock only hatching oriental chicks for friends who want to add that kind of blood line. And sell a few stags as conversation pieces

I ordered black shamo and black breasted asil to.
Next i will put out a lump and get a good trio of malays or thai from a breader

Tuzo

Back
Top Bottom