Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Lol maters not when one respects another. My brother inlaw says the same thing but the kid has his head on straight so I give him that respect. not arbitrary but occasionally
1f474.png
Fantastic! when I have some for sale I'll let you know or just ask when to check if I have any.

I thinks it's perspective because the picture of the cockerel was taken with a women holding him. This cockerel is about 1.8lbs heavier and 2" taller

My Malay hen started hatching today. So far there is 4 chicks. 3 pyles after the hen and 1 after the stag. There was another one after the stag but the hen crushed it. I have taken the chicks that have hatched away from then hen. One of them I found this morning wandered out of the box and was about dead. I got it and brought it inside and put it under the brooder light and it is doing fine now. After that I got the other chicks and took them inside also. She still has 4 eggs that have not hatched yet. Malay hens have a tendency to crush their chicks when they are small so I think I will just raise them up in the brooder. My other 6 young Malays are only a month old and are already as large as my full grown bantams. They grow real fast.

My Malay hen started hatching today. So far there is 4 chicks. 3 pyles after the hen and 1 after the stag. There was another one after the stag but the hen crushed it. I have taken the chicks that have hatched away from then hen. One of them I found this morning wandered out of the box and was about dead. I got it and brought it inside and put it under the brooder light and it is doing fine now. After that I got the other chicks and took them inside also. She still has 4 eggs that have not hatched yet. Malay hens have a tendency to crush their chicks when they are small so I think I will just raise them up in the brooder. My other 6 young Malays are only a month old and are already as large as my full grown bantams. They grow real fast.
I know all too well about malay hen issues, just lost a clutch and they were only with her for 24hrs to finah the hatch. By 10am the next day they had all been stomped on. Congrats on saving them
1f44d.png

Back
Top Bottom