Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

My Brazilian Shamo. Can anyone give me any info?

I've got a question... My two Asil stags are complete dunghills. They are beautiful, shiny, and cherry headed but won't gain weight around the keel bone. The hens are filled out nicely though.
They used to play spar while they were growing up free ranged, but eventually they'd run away from eachother. Well the other day, one of them got out and was in the yard with the laying flock. I was surprised to see that my 5 month old easter egger rooster was chasing him down, my asil rooster was screaming. I picked him up, and he was so spooked. A few days later I picked him up and carried him to his brother's pen and held him in front of the brother asil to see if there was signs of aggression, and the brother hit the top of the pen squawking, while the one I was holding was squawking and trying to get away. I didn't even get them close enough to eachother to peck.
The two sisters fight everything they see, including thier brothers.
Now I don't breed them to be fought, but this disappointed me so much... They are seven months old. If gameness is a trait I look for, should I cull these?
I've also never raised Asils, just American Games.

Last edited:
I've got a question... My two Asil stags are complete dunghills. They are beautiful, shiny, and cherry headed but won't gain weight around the keel bone. The hens are filled out nicely though.
They used to play spar while they were growing up free ranged, but eventually they'd run away from eachother. Well the other day, one of them got out and was in the yard with the laying flock. I was surprised to see that my 5 month old easter egger rooster was chasing him down, my asil rooster was screaming. I picked him up, and he was so spooked. A few days later I picked him up and carried him to his brother's pen and held him in front of the brother asil to see if there was signs of aggression, and the brother hit the top of the pen squawking, while the one I was holding was squawking and trying to get away. I didn't even get them close enough to eachother to peck.
The two sisters fight everything they see, including thier brothers.
Now I don't breed them to be fought, but this disappointed me so much... They are seven months old. If gameness is a trait I look for, should I cull these?
I've also never raised Asils, just American Games.

You should give them a few more moths sepperated from everyone aand then they will get tough soon enough, after about 3 months if their not fighting every rooster in sight just bring them to your local sail.

You should give them a few more moths sepperated from everyone aand then they will get tough soon enough, after about 3 months if their not fighting every rooster in sight just bring them to your local sail.
Two things, the first malay birds when pure can take up to two years to come into their courage. Secondly if they are hatchery birds they were not bred to be game so they are likely dunghill.

Back
Top Bottom