Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

All that twine strung up in the background is to fend off hawks. It works well on red tails, but coopers and sharp shinned hawks hunt through it and do a number on the little ones. It does slow them down a bit and interferes with horizontal hunting. I haven't lost a bird to red tails for two years now since I strung the lots up with it. Even though they have 2 nests here, one across the street, and one on the hill behind me.
On the other lots, I am going to dye the twine brown so it blends in more, before I string them up. Hoping this will also discourage/confuse the hawks even more.

Last edited:
All that twine strung up in the background is to fend off hawks. It works well on red tails, but coopers and sharp shinned hawks hunt through it and do a number on the little ones. It does slow them down a bit and interferes with horizontal hunting. I haven't lost a bird to red tails for two years now since I strung the lots up with it. Even though they have 2 nests here, one across the street, and one on the hill behind me.
On the other lots, I am going to dye the twine brown so it blends in more, before I string them up. Hoping this will also discourage/confuse the hawks even more.

I have a friend in Virginia who uses monofilament fishing line that the hawks can't seem to see and that plays hell with all birds of prey.

Awesome bird. I love barring on games, need to get me some Doms.
Thanks! Wish I could get pictures of him out of a cage. Unfortunately, he is a man eater! Normally I would not tolerate that conduct in a cock, especially one so powerful, but there is just something about this guy.

Back
Top Bottom