Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

U have to have time and touch/hold your birds around, so that they are familiar with you. I coop up my birds and let the young one free range. If your birds are free it's harder to be social with them, but like someone said up there. If u feed them, they'll probably be familiar with u and not be as wild.

I agree....the orientals are on the more intelligent side of things, I have a large shamo rooster that will sit in my lap, let me pet him whatever but when someone he doesn't recognize shows up he is on guard....they recognize people and pets. It's just a matter of conditioning them.

Tips on breaking pleas

I broke my rooster by handling him everyday, sometimes twice a day for about 2 weeks. When handled I would work with him, position him on a stand, then carry.him around and talk with the neighbors. Each time I did it was for at least 10-15 minutes. The longer the better (to a certain degree) then when I sat him back in his pen, I'd give him some scratch as a reward. You can try and earn their trust, or just simply force the change in their attitude by catching them and holding them.....alot!

Tip for breaking or handling:

With some mean or wild birds, catch them at night when they sleep, they will be calmer. When in your hand, rub them, rub the chest, back. I even talk to them so they can get used to my handling and my voice.

After a few times at night, you can see that they won't get aggressive any more. Then now they can be caught during the day.

Another tip is .. never catch a hen in the presence of a rooster; once he sees that he can easily turn on you. Instead, catch the rooster, put him away, then go for the hen.

He is getting better I've Ben doing those things and also I just got him a hen I will be picking up on the 20th how do I get them to mate

I have a o shamo rooster and I'm buying a blue load hen fore do you guys have any tips on getting them to mate and what do you guys thank of that cros of birds this is my first pair

I have some pullets that I'm letting go, due to room and chicks about to hatch.
If your interested PM me, Thank you

Burmese X Brazil X Asil pullet for sale $160 includes shipping and handling

Asil/Brazil Pullet for sale $200 shipped includes shipping and handling
1st pullet Pending payment
2nd pullet SOLD
3rd pullet Pending payment
4th pullet SOLD

There are several oriental fowl fanciers on here, I am sure they will join in. I am fairly new to orientals, but very much enamored by them. I am working on brazilians myself. They are a breed that was created and perfected quite a while back. They are a combination of Shamo, Thai and Spanish Fowl. Some have Asil in them as well. I am very small time with them, keeping a dozen or so at the moment.

Some young ones from this year.
herbs_two.JPG

white_gold.JPG

white_gold2.JPG

black_white2.JPG

blue_red.JPG

golden21.JPG

A couple young ones I picked up this year, for next year.

cuzz2.JPG

buzz5.JPG

A few adult breeders.
golden2.JPG

Last years pullet. I will get better pics of her later, she is a little rough from the breeding pen at the moment.
golden_stag.JPG

Last years stag. Going to use him next year.

Here is a bird that isnt mine. I used him for a short time, he belongs to a friend from Arkansas.
Braz_Stag2.JPG

Who's your friend from Arkansas? I probably know him since there are so few of us down here lol!

Back
Top Bottom