Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Most people say that Malays are gentle giants. Well that is what I thought about mine to until they got up to breeding age and it was like someone flipped a switch. I found out real fast when my males got right around breeding age to separate them. I had to make sure they could not see each other between pens to. Yesterday my cock bird waited till I opened the door to the pen that joined his and he made a dash for the other Malay cock next to him. I have a few cuts from trying to separate them. My Malays have the gaminess in them.

Most people say that Malays are gentle giants. Well that is what I thought about mine to until they got up to breeding age and it was like someone flipped a switch. I found out real fast when my males got right around breeding age to separate them. I had to make sure they could not see each other between pens to. Yesterday my cock bird waited till I opened the door to the pen that joined his and he made a dash for the other Malay cock next to him. I have a few cuts from trying to separate them. My Malays have the gaminess in them.

I believe the gentle giant thing is based upon their easy interaction with people. I have yet to own a Malay but if I had one that didn't act as yours did, I eat the thing!

I believe the gentle giant thing is based upon their easy interaction with people. I have yet to own a Malay but if I had one that didn't act as yours did, I eat the thing!

Around me is a different story. They are like a dog. When I go in the pen they are right beside me. They like to be petted. I have raised chickens for over 30 years and by far they are my favorite breed to raise.

Ga Noi stag and pullet.

The more you talk about them the more I want a pair! Or a whole flock... they sound incredible.

I don't know about everybody eles's Malays but mine are like small raptors around small animals. If it is smaller than they are they will attack it, kill it, and eat it. Mine would not be safe around kittens or bunnies or small dogs or cats. To my birds they would be food. My cock killed a 7ft black snake that wandered in his pen and he was eating it when I found it. I keep an eye on my grand kids when they go with me to feed them but my birds have never bothered them while they were with me not to say they might when I was not around. Some of my birds are as tall as my small grand kids. But around me my birds are as sweet as can be just like a pet dog just every small animal beware.

Back
Top Bottom