Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

I don't know about everybody eles's Malays but mine are like small raptors around small animals. If it is smaller than they are they will attack it, kill it, and eat it. Mine would not be safe around kittens or bunnies or small dogs or cats. To my birds they would be food. My cock killed a 7ft black snake that wandered in his pen and he was eating it when I found it. I keep an eye on my grand kids when they go with me to feed them but my birds have never bothered them while they were with me not to say they might when I was not around. Some of my birds are as tall as my small grand kids. But around me my birds are as sweet as can be just like a pet dog just every small animal beware.

Sounds good to me! Maybe they would eat the wood rats my chickens are scared of. They're big sons of guns, I seen some 12" long.

Wonder if the Malay would go after a hawk attacking the flock? Would be nice to have birds than can take care of themselves since "the law" says I ain't supposed to take care THAT particular problem for them!

Sounds good to me! Maybe they would eat the wood rats my chickens are scared of. They're big sons of guns, I seen some 12" long.

Wonder if the Malay would go after a hawk attacking the flock? Would be nice to have birds than can take care of themselves since "the law" says I ain't supposed to take care THAT particular problem for them!

Mine LOVE rats. I place traps out for them and when I catch them I throw them in the Malay pen to watch them fight over them. The grand kids love to watch them. They want me to throw one of the cats in there.
tongue.png

Mine LOVE rats. I place traps out for them and when I catch them I throw them in the Malay pen to watch them fight over them. The grand kids love to watch them. They want me to throw one of the cats in there.
tongue.png
My female cats are weary of the chickens, but we have a feral Tom cat that scares the pants of the chickens, just by walking past they all make fussy noises and retreat 10ft at least from him.

He must have done something, because they dont do that to my dogs.

Last edited:
My female cats are weary of the chickens, but we have a feral Tom cat that scares the pants of the chickens, just by walking past they all make fussy noises and retreat 10ft at least from him.

He must have done something, because they dont do that to my dogs.

When my daughters cats follow me out to my Malay pen all may Malays run up to the wire and stare down at them like FOOD! and the cats hunker down and slowly back away from them. It is funny to watch. My Grand sons keep begging me to throw one in the pen. I put out traps to catch rats and I throw them to the Malays and they tear them to pieces and eat them.

When my daughters cats follow me out to my Malay pen all may Malays run up to the wire and stare down at them like FOOD! and the cats hunker down and slowly back away from them. It is funny to watch. My Grand sons keep begging me to throw one in the pen. I put out traps to catch rats and I throw them to the Malays and they tear them to pieces and eat them.

A redbird got into my white Malay pen the other day. I went back about an hour later and all that was left of it was a pile of feathers.

Back
Top Bottom