Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

These pix are about 5 weeks old. The barred and dom stags are Shamo and are right at 2 feet tall at 5 months of age. The pumpkin is Brazilian/Thai cross. Same age, shorter, but stockier.

Last edited:

Has anyone else tried using this stuff on chicks when they are picking on each other or fighting? It works awesome! Since it has a rubbing alcohol & water base, I feel comfortable spraying it right on the chicks wounds. Then I put them right back in the coop while still wet (this is key). The other chicks will come over to pick at them again but run off shaking their heads and wiping their beaks trying to get the taste out of their mouth. I feel it has saved some chicks this year.

Had an odd one happen yesterday: I have roughly an acre fenced for the birds, divided into 5 paddocks which they are rotated through every Sunday & Wednesday. The perimeter fence is 2x4, 4' welded wire with 1 & 2 strands of electric on the outside. Well the tester wasn't showing any juice on the electric fence. So I walked it twice looking for something grounding it, but only found a few sticks. I disconnected the fence from the box and tested. The lights came on the tester, but not as brightly as usual. On a whim, I "watered" the grounding rod by pouring a gallon of water on it at intervals and letting it soak in. I tested it an hour later and everything was fine. I guess it's been so dry here that the ground had shrunk away from the rod. Anyone else had this issue?

Back
Top Bottom