Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

"Mark" a Saipan barred rock cross

My excess roosters are allowed to free range,this Leads to the occasional fight to establish the pecking order.Neither of these birds are caged and Neither was hurt in this dramatic display. After a few minutes they decided that 4-1/2 acres really was big enough to share peacefully. I'd like to point out that the Cochin instigated the hostilities. All of the Saipan crosses have a more layed back attitude and NONE have turned on ME. I've had problems with nearly every pure bred being overly aggressive towards people.The Saipan are the exception. Extremely gentle towards people

Last edited:
My excess roosters are allowed to free range,this Leads to the occasional fight to establish the pecking order.Neither of these birds are caged and Neither was hurt in this dramatic display. After a few minutes they decided that 4-1/2 acres really was big enough to share peacefully. I'd like to point out that the Cochin instigated the hostilities. All of the Saipan crosses have a more layed back attitude and NONE have turned on ME. I've had problems with nearly every pure bred being overly aggressive towards people.The Saipan are the exception. Extremely gentle towards people
Those are some big boys...

I never see those hybrids before, usually people frown upon mixing games with layer/meat breeds... I think its cool to see what is possible though. And interesting that they are more layed back... most people would have guessed the opposite.

You got any more pictures that are more clear, showing size and conformation better?; like this Rhode Island Red X American Game cross I accidently produced last year?

Last edited:
Royal palms give an idea of the size. I don't want to mislead anyone,not all of the crosses exhibit this type of size. It runs from huge to bantam types. They have a lot more leg and thigh and the meat can be extremely dark. Which I like.:)

Back
Top Bottom