Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Saipan #1
C59145A4-7AC9-4CCC-8A14-CD5073C43DAC.jpeg

Saipan #2
9F4DDBB7-263C-4893-9DB4-3A4836539729.jpeg

Saipan #3
68CACE77-1EED-4C4C-9DC7-F38E698176C8.jpeg
1720CA83-C06D-472E-AEE7-9648FC6C6540.jpeg

View attachment 3143870Here is the best pics I have of mine. I'll get better ones tomorrow with him on tie so you can see is form.
Looking forward to seeing them.

I am not too hopeful the 4 mail order Saipan eggs will hatch… 🙁… I am trying to get more, I ordered some Asil eggs. Hope the eggs get here in good shape. The mail has been rough on the eggs this year no matter how they have been packed by breeders… add incubator issues and blackout to the mix and it’s been dismal hatches. We have incubators working correctly now… but really worried nothing will hatch in number 3… we have been getting only a couple live viable chicks out of the incubators. I am hoping the Asil will do better now with the incubators running right... the eggs just need to get here unmolested.our best hatch has been the Ayams 3 chicks with 1 failing to thrive… we hand fed it but it just never perked up after hatch. At this point we are happy to get one healthy live chick out of these batches.

IMG_9161.JPG
IMG_9148.JPG
IMG_9154.JPG
IMG_9157.JPG
Pics as promised. You can see in the pic of him on the tie the leg that is not attached to the tie cord is nice and straight down. He has a more erect stance when he is around other birds. But he does have a nice and low tail.

Attachments

• IMG_9152.JPG
    IMG_9152.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9153.JPG
    IMG_9153.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 11
He looks very nice to me.

I hope the Asil eggs get here safe and incubate correctly. If the chicks mature to looking half as nice as the parent birds pictured on eBay they should be really nice birds. I ordered 12 hatching eggs.
I did this from eBay out of 12 eggs 2 made it. Turns out they weren’t pure Asil. Game fowl Facebook pages have some serious birds and trusted gamefowl men who sells eggs. Miles better option IMO.

I purchased from Wahl. I should probably ask him about his line of blues, my guess maybe a bit of Thai or Malay in them, just looking at them. But Asil is a pretty big box as far as types, size, and characteristics... I will message him.

Mailed eggs are dicey, it’s been an all around dismal hatch this year here. Post office has been playing soccer with the packages (so far out of 3 dozen RIW and 3 dozen RIR eggs I have 1 live healthy chick for each breed)… out of all the dozens of eggs and different breeds we have exactly 6 chicks and several breeds no hatches… I can not Blair the sellers except maybe 1 who sent eggs completely covered in mud and muck and when we candled those they all looked not fertile to us. All other shipments from different folks had been packed good, eggs clean but the darn post office looked to have been playing soccer with the boxes, so cracked eggs, scrambled eggs… then bkack outs and a couple incubators going on the fritz. Incubators currently running are all working correctly so hopefully we can improve hatch rate.

The Asil arrived The eggs are resting, I will candle them latter for cracks, attempt repair. The incubator is on already to make sure it is functioning right.

Well I candled the eggs, two have cracks, I put fingernail polish over the cracks, going to start trying different crack egg fixes. May as well try them, though I am not that hopeful. Put one X on each egg for latter, I had tro finding the air pocket on some of the eggs…. Anyway I will put them in the incubator in a bit.

Well hubby ordered some Cobra Asil eggs and some other Oriental Games. The Wahl Blue Asils are currently in the incubator but we will not start turning them for another 36-48 hours as we are trying to give the insides time to get sorted out… per advice on mailed egg incubation. Considering the low incubation rates we have been having, I think we will be lucky to get 1 chick per dozen eggs.

Back
Top Bottom