Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Pics
Ok, I know others on here can answer in a clearer way, but I will go ahead anyway. Andalusian blue is an incomplete dominant, and self blue is a recessive. When you breed self blue to self blue, you ALWAYS get self blue and nothing else. Both birds must carry a copy of the self blue gene for the offspring to show self blue. If you cross to any other color you will get that color, for instance black. You breed a self blue to a black and they will all be black, but the offspring will be split for self blue, meaning you can cross those back with a self blue and get self blue. Now, andalusian blue is a tad different. You breed Blue to Blue, and you get Blue, Black and Splash. A blue is nothing more than a black that has had a dilutor gene added to it. A blue has 1 copy of the dilutor gene, being a black bird that has been diluted ONCE, a splash is carrying two copies of the dilutor gene, being a black bird that has been diluted twice. Now, that is clear as mud, lol.....

Blue x Blue = 50% Blue, 25% Black, 25% Splash
Blue x Black = 50% Blue, 50% Black
Blue x Splash = 50% Blue, 50% Splash
Black x Splash = 100% blue

You get 100% blue from a Black x Splash cross as every one of the offspring will recieve 1 copy of the dilutor gene, from the splash, as it is carrying 2 genes but can only pass on 1.

Another one of my greys,
12005_imag2898-1.jpg

The top pic is Thai, and the bottom pic is Asil x Brazilian, the rest are all different strains of Asil. I run several lines of Asil on my place, still working on finding the perfect bird. I'm lucky to have good friends where I have acquired some of the top blood from our country and from around the world.

I picked up 6 adult Thai hens last week. They have all got along great in a 10 x 20 pen. Today I picked up 2 additional adult hens from the same source and the new ones seem to be getting picked on quite a bit. Should they will settle down soon or should I separate them? They don't seem to have any damage being done to them but they are definitely being chased and pecked at. It seems to be just one of the hens causing most of the issues.

If they are proper Thai hens, you shouldn't even be able to put them together in the first place. If they have made it this far, you probably have nothing to worry about. If I tried that, I'd have a bunch of dead chickens.

Back
Top Bottom