Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Pics
Hmm that is interesting. The guy I bought them from has a lot of his hens free ranging with some separated in groups with a cock. Is that unusual? I think his birds looks pure. I'll take some pics when I can and see what you guys think. I don't have any roosters on my property. Would that make a difference in the hens behavior?

It would not make a difference in behavior. If two groups of either gender are introduced, they would and should fight practically to the death.

If the guy has cockbirds, more than one, that have access to each other but don't pick fights and possibly kill each other, I'd be very skeptical of the guy's stock.

Quote:
Good to know about the hens, I thought the hens were ok together. They seemed to have calmed down today.They all slept on the same perch last night. Is it possible that since the original 6 were only together for a week before I added the other two that they had not really formed a strong group yet?

Glad I learned this now. I have a few young chicks that I was going to add to the group in a couple months. I guess I'll keep them in a different pen instead. They are only about a month old right now.

I'll post a few pics of some of the hens once it stops raining. I am just keeping these for eggs anyway so it really does not matter if they are pure but it would be nice to know I guess. He seems like a good guy, I am pretty sure he is being truthful with me.

Here is a link to one of his ad's that shows a cock

http://ocala.craigslist.org/grd/2638620628.html

Last edited:
Here a few quick pics of some of the hens I bought. I went with thai's because they are so quiet. So far the only sounds I have heard from them was during their squabbles last night when I added the other 2.

137.jpg

144.jpg

138.jpg

139.jpg

140.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
The comb and wattle are to big on the rooster.
They look like they have some america game background in them.
The Thailand games look more like a shamo with more tail .

Quote:
The comb and wattle are to big on the rooster.
They look like they have some america game background in them.
The Thailand games look more like a shamo with more tail .

Ok, I admit my vision is not the best, but I do not see any rooster in any of those pics, nor anything that has comb and wattles....

Back
Top Bottom