Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Pics
Quote:
what it works for me is feather sexing but if they are older than a week sometimes is to long to apply this method.
If they are full breed comparing body size could be a good method
from three weeks and up I measure legs and head shape ,boys are always larger.

Thanks. I'll have to search for some examples of what to look for on the feather sexing. They only hatched yesterday so hopefully that will work.

Here's a Young Asil Stag probably 3-4 months of age, Just got him.

We just got him today, Lucky they Were local
wee.gif

Shipping is kinda a pain
barnie.gif

But Wow the seller
had some Amazing Stuff
duc.gif

12005_imag3545.jpg

So, just throwin' this out there, not expecting a Yes or a "I found one" for an answer, but -

Does anyone know any owner or breeder of Shamos (or similar Orientals) in the US that show lacing in the males? I know such exists outside the US, not sure if they're Shamos or Asil or something else, but I'd love to imagine I could get my hands on some in the US.

What I'm talking about are birds like this and this and this .
smile.png

bow.gif
to anyone who knows of an owner or breeder. They look like Shamos and I've seen YouTube videos of O-Shamos with lacing, but, whatever has it, I'd love to know what it is I'm looking at.

Quote:
if you can't find them and you want to create those shamos, itt will be easy to work with those colors using Sebright ,it will be a process of
4 or 5 years untill get a decent shamo.

I have a much better breed idea than a Sebright (considering those are bantams along with a number of other differences) but would much rather use Orientals to begin with. I've seen Thais in the US with some similar colorations almost verging on lacing, and I didn't know we had Madagascars, Ga Noi, or Pakistani Asils in the US until a year ago, so I'm sure there's other rare gems around.

Back
Top Bottom