Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Pics
Quote:
I see you using your hens to hatch chicks.
How do you do with those chicks with this crazy weather do you keep them penned ?
I'm hatching small numbers in a small Bator after that they go to a 56 gals aquariumun till they are strong enough to go
To another pen.
They stay there until they are feathered enough to be released to be free range.

They all do fine with their mothers
wink.png

yes they're all in they're own pens/ protected from the elements.

Quote:
Hey, Josh, how often do your Asil hens go broody? I'm looking for gamehens both for breeding and for chick-raising purposes (I really don't want to have to buy incubators, and a hen-raised chicken just sounds better all-around).

Does anyone know where I can get those gamecock lines? I don't want to have to make a homemade one because it will probably break or something.

Quote:
I see you using your hens to hatch chicks.
How do you do with those chicks with this crazy weather do you keep them penned ?
I'm hatching small numbers in a small Bator after that they go to a 56 gals aquariumun till they are strong enough to go
To another pen.
They stay there until they are feathered enough to be released to be free range.

Do you not have a problem with hawks? I would imagine you would with such small birds runnin' around.

Nate

Quote:
June or July is too hot down this way to ship. Some breeders do, but I don't like taking the chance.

Large fowl oriental or bantam?

You likely won't find dominate white in an oriental unless something was added to the line.

Quote:
Belle Farms or Randall Burkey, both can be found online but best if you called Belle Farms to make your order. Their website is a little difficult to figure out, last I looked.

Back
Top Bottom