Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Pics
Quote:
Good deal
smile.png
. What kind are you getting, and from whom, if u don't mind my asking.

Quote:
Good deal
smile.png
. What kind are you getting, and from whom, if u don't mind my asking.

He's a cross of some sorts. He looks like an Asil X Thai. He has the longer legs and neck of a Thai, but is a bit stockier than most Thais I'm acquainted with. He's a Silver Duckwing in color. Unfortunately, I'm not starting out 100% pure, but he's an Oriental and he's game, and that's good enough for beginners like me.
smile.png

Last edited:
Been a while since I posted/said anything -

Well, I used to have a pair of Shamos, loved them dearly, until a raccoon just recently made a successful attempt at raiding my originally predator-proof coop one night, and stole the life of my Shamo hen, leaving her mangled body.
somad.gif

I'll be on a vengeance/revenge trip for a while
wink.png

Still got my dom Wheaten boy left though. . . . Holding onto him until I find a pullet or two to replace my beloved hen. Really, really hope I get lucky again and find a good one available when it gets warm again.

43214_dscf0391.jpg

43214_dscf0412.jpg

I don't know how many of you remember my pair; these are a couple of my last images of the passed hen.

43214_dscf0545.jpg

6213396880_ffe434c74a_z.jpg

43214_dscf0444.jpg

She really was a remarkable hen, such intelligence, power, and an amazingly unbeatable forager!

As much as I wanted offspring of hers, none of them made it on my property. Had several lost to a cat, a few lost to being raised in the middle of the winter, one drowned, and one perished after demanding to stay out in the rain after being moved to a new coop instead of sleeping in the new coop. My only surviving offspring of hers that I own is actually a cross meant for a meat project.

Quote:
So sorry for your loss, Illia
sad.png
That had to be hard. I hope that stupid coon doesn't come back for the stag. Hope you find more hens/pullets and you are able to start afresh with Shamos.
smile.png

Quote:
Got Game that hen & first rooster are super nice !!!!!! I realy like em !!!!! Are these Brazi. ?

Thank you. The hen you commented on is a reza asil, and that first bullstag is a Brazilian. The second bullstag is a reza asil as well, he is covering the aforementioned hen. The Brazilian stag you like (seen below) is being put with this pullet for the next month or two.

63027_img_20111222_112122.jpg

63027_img_20111208_113657-1.jpg

Now if he keeps progressing the way he is now, i will use this stag over her later on. He is a nephew to above golden dom stag.
63027_img_20111208_081950.jpg

63027_img_20111208_083403-1.jpg

Their calm nature is one of the things I so enjoy about the oriental fowl.
63027_imgp0593.jpg

Last edited:
Illia ! Raccoons kill for the thrill of killing. You can't blame an animal hunting for a meal , but raccoons are another story. I have seen whats left after they slaughtered thirty hens and ate nothing . I am more fearful of them than just about any other predator. So sorry for your loss, at least it didn't kill All of your birds. Bill

Back
Top Bottom