Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Pics
old*cowboy :

Before I moved I had several young asil on the ground, about 2 months old. I needed to cut way down for the move. Had a wire cage about 4 foot sq. 10 inches tall divided into 4 sections. Put 3 young asil in each compartment. When they got where they were going 2 dead, several bloody. Sex was not a concern as the pullets got just as bad as the stags. This last weekend I was gifted an awesome blue hen. Reason I was gifted this hen, she was too hard on the cocks.

That`s a likely story about those young`uns. Great to hear you got a nice pullet. Post a pic if ya can. Sounds like one that will need conjical (sp?) visits, LOL......Pop​

Asils are definitely not for newbies, or for people who don't fully understand gameness. They are not an easy breed to work with if you aren't fully prepared for them. BTW, it's not the stags you got to watch when young, it's them darn pullets that are the trouble makers...
wink.png

Quote:
Great stag, Sharon. Love his color and type. His type somewhat reminds me of my own stag, though I think mine has more Thai blood in him.

Can you guys upload some pictures of Thais and Shamos, especially Thais? I'm trying to figure out what kind of blood might be in my stag by looking at his type compared to other types. Some of the recent Shamo pics on here would suggest he might be a Shamo, but honestly he does not stand that erect and his tail is carried a bit too high for a Shamo.

Quote:
Your stag isn't Shamo, or I don't see any in him for at least a couple generations. I think either Thai cross or a Burmese/Pama (possibly cross) would be your best bet. I want to say I've seen some Pama's close to the looks of your bird, and usually when you find a grey (Silver) Oriental they almost always seem to be Burmese for some reason; at least that has only been my experience with browsing a lot of photos. Of course color is not of importance with Oriental, or gamefowl in general, but I still would say Burmese/Pama could be a possibility.

God bless,
Daniel.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom