Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Quote:
http://www.randallBurkey.com/Cords/departments/5/
Here is one of many stores online that sell tie cords.

Thanks, GG! I have stored that website in my browser memory for future reference. Right now I can't lay down $40+ for a tie cord, so my Dad and I will have to figure out something for a hitch to keep the stag's leg safe.

Pretty easy to make Gresh. Use leather from old belt or boot top or any number of other items and cut it out. Can either make it as simple or complex as you like. Cut the piece that goes around the leg wide enough it wont cut into the leg. Punch holes in it run your rope through it, tie a big tight knot so it wont come back throw the knot and there you have it.

Quote:
They are entertaining, to me.
smile.png

I generally don't run a lot of oriental game hens on the yard. Just happened to let a penned one out for a little fresh grass that day & she got into a "discussion" with one of the free rangers.
wink.png

Thanks for liking it!
big_smile.png

here are my leghorn and oriental cross which was not made for any purpose if anybody was wondering. i just happen to free range all my birds and this is one batch that hatched about a month ago. i got some new pictures but couldn't upload it for some reason.

83305_dsc03836.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Howdy! Nice to meet you
smile.png

I have (in keeping with the topic of the thread) thai, asil, malay, brazilian, bantam asil, bantam shamo, and bantam malay.

I also have a couple of breeds with oriental game fowl origins: cubalaya and orloff.

Quote:
Howdy! Nice to meet you
smile.png

I have (in keeping with the topic of the thread) thai, asil, malay, brazilian, bantam asil, bantam shamo, and bantam malay.

I also have a couple of breeds with oriental game fowl origins: cubalaya and orloff.

CL, you have a PM from me
wink.png

Quote:
Would love to see more pics as they get older! I've always wondered what an Oriental X Leghorn would look like when it was fully grown.

old*cowboy :

Quote:
Thanks, GG! I have stored that website in my browser memory for future reference. Right now I can't lay down $40+ for a tie cord, so my Dad and I will have to figure out something for a hitch to keep the stag's leg safe.

Pretty easy to make Gresh. Use leather from old belt or boot top or any number of other items and cut it out. Can either make it as simple or complex as you like. Cut the piece that goes around the leg wide enough it wont cut into the leg. Punch holes in it run your rope through it, tie a big tight knot so it wont come back throw the knot and there you have it.​

Thanks for the suggestion
smile.png
I'll keep that in mind when I need to get some extra ties for free.

Here are some of my birds.

Sagion/Ganoi 7lbs
22190_dsc02489.jpg

Sagion/ganoi 9lbs
22190_dsc02476.jpg

Gray Ganoi 7lbs and still growning
22190_dsc02484.jpg

Black Ganoi hennie 8lbs and still growning
22190_dsc02474.jpg

Thai/Ganoi 7lbs and might stop at 8lbs
22190_dsc02456.jpg

Thai/Ganoi 7lb still young.
22190_dsc02458.jpg

Blue Ganoi 8lbs, might grown to be 11lbs still very young, just look big
22190_dsc02491.jpg

There are more but my battery die and its was too cold so these will due untill summer.
My birds are for looks and bloodline only.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom