Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

A couple pics of my Silver cock.
smile.png

Good looking stag Gresh keep up the good work !!!

Sharon, I wouldn't be majorly concerned about one of your Malgache chicks being fully feathered. Sometimes they are, just like Ga Noi........Pop

Aren't all Ga Noi fully feathered? They hatch out fluffy like any normal non-naked necked chick, then go naked as they mature, then have about as much feathering as most any other Gamefowl. What most people see, and even I was convinced it was natural, are birds who's necks, thighs, and heads are shaved then rubbed with turmeric to give that natural rooster-red coloration. Other Ga Noi appear to have slightly naked necks, but far as I'm concerned it's feather pulling from the fact that Ga Noi are bred to fight with a neck-aiming style in mind.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

TO GRESH
he looks nice good work
GREASH if i was you id would put some silver pheonix hens or sumatras hen with him untill i get some
Some birchen and silver offprings with a ¼longtail and ¾ of him.
:D

Aren't all Ga Noi fully feathered? They hatch out fluffy like any normal non-naked necked chick, then go naked as they mature, then have about as much feathering as most any other Gamefowl. What most people see, and even I was convinced it was natural, are birds who's necks, thighs, and heads are shaved then rubbed with turmeric to give that natural rooster-red coloration. Other Ga Noi appear to have slightly naked necks, but far as I'm concerned it's feather pulling from the fact that Ga Noi are bred to fight with a neck-aiming style in mind.

Illia, I found this..The guy I got them from said some are feathered, some are not...but I am VERY cautious about the purity of his.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/418838/what-is-a-ga-noi/20

pure ganoi when hatch looks like they are fluffy. When one or two weeks after hatch, The ones that are fully feather will be naked from the thighs, head, and neck until they mature. The ones that are pure naked, will be like that too, but they will stay that way.

but far as I'm concerned it's feather pulling from the fact that Ga Noi are bred to fight with a neck-aiming style in mind."but far as I'm concerned it's feather pulling from the fact that Ga Noi are bred to fight with a neck-aiming syyle in mind"

No, It depends on the owner. My good friend got me into rasieing ganoi. He like the looks how nice and red their skin gets. I only have the fully feathered one because the naked feathered one will not make it in the winter time. heating bills cost too much. 65 degree temp is the lowest his naked ganoi could still outside if the sun is out.

pure ganoi when hatch looks like they are fluffy. When one or two weeks after hatch, The ones that are fully feather will be naked from the thighs, head, and neck until they mature. The ones that are pure naked, will be like that too, but they will stay that way.

but far as I'm concerned it's feather pulling from the fact that Ga Noi are bred to fight with a neck-aiming style in mind."but far as I'm concerned it's feather pulling from the fact that Ga Noi are bred to fight with a neck-aiming syyle in mind"

No, It depends on the owner. My good friend got me into rasieing ganoi. He like the looks how nice and red their skin gets. I only have the fully feathered one because the naked feathered one will not make it in the winter time. heating bills cost too much. 65 degree temp is the lowest his naked ganoi could still outside if the sun is out.

How old are they when they will need to be separated from each other? The roos.

Last edited:
It depends, because some takes longer to muture even they look fully grown, so you made not need to separated them. some can live together and some cant. Its depends on what you have.

Thank you. I only have the two chicks that hatched. I want to go see the guy's birds that gave me the eggs. He says madagascar. I will have to find out where he got his start from.
sharon

Thank you. I only have the two chicks that hatched. I want to go see the guy's birds that gave me the eggs. He says madagascar. I will have to find out where he got his start from.
sharon

just look at my gallery and you will see my ganoi. madagascar and ganoi looks totally different.

Back
Top Bottom