Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Ga Noi are really not rare at all in the US. You just need to travel in the right circles, mostly Hmong. There are many sparsely feathered Ga Noi out there, it is part of their make up. There are also lines that feather fully. It just depends on the bloodline, and the environment they are raised in also. The shaving of feathers is a whole different thing, and is not why some Ga Noi have naked necks.

TO GRESH
he looks nice good work
GREASH if i was you id would put some silver pheonix hens or sumatras hen with him untill i get some
Some birchen and silver offprings with a ¼longtail and ¾ of him.
big_smile.png
Haha, I wish I could, but I haven't heard of any Sumatra breeders in my area. I would prefer to cross him to Sumatras because I don't care for the single-comb of the phoenixes. Plus I seem to be under the impression that Phoenixes are not very hardy--I could be wrong though...

Ga Noi are really not rare at all in the US. You just need to travel in the right circles, mostly Hmong. There are many sparsely feathered Ga Noi out there, it is part of their make up. There are also lines that feather fully. It just depends on the bloodline, and the environment they are raised in also. The shaving of feathers is a whole different thing, and is not why some Ga Noi have naked necks.

Yea, my ethic is Hmong. Most hmong people have ganoi but they are just mix bloodline and not pure. And they use it for the wrong reason. Me and my good friend got these lines from a veit guy along time ago. His line were export from thailand. He had them way before it was illegal to export birds to the USA because of the bird flu. My friend was so in love with the bird that he brought so my costly bird. Thank god his wife was so supported.lol. The veit guy who my friend brought the birds from is now long gone and now we have the bloodline, or should I say I have the bloodline,lol, because when my friend move to Hawaii, a bunch of wild dogs came n into his coop n got to his hen.lol. The only two that made it was his two male. So there goes the bloodline... He sold acouple when he was in the states, but people would only want to buy the males and not the female. As a friend I brought four from him. Two males and female to keep the line going. he also gave me some free ones in the past too so it didnt matter. The ones I got from him were more feathered because he liked the naked feathered one more for looks. The blue flat comb hen that I called in my gallery is the pure line. she will produce nakedneck and hennie line.

He's looking good Gresh. How tall is he? Mine are gonna be pretty small. I want a couple of these monster birds. Great job with him. He looks happy strutting the yard. Blaine

Thanks! I'll reckon he's about two feet tall or so when fully erect. Though completely hard feathered, he carries himself rather low for most Orientals. Sort of reminds me of a Saipan or a Thai in his carriage. Daniel on this thread thinks he may have some Burmese in him because of the Silver Duckwing color.

~Gresh~

All of you have beautiful birds. I've always loved Gamefowl, both American and Oriental, but Oriental has a special place in my heart. Do any of you have tips for someone wanting to get into gamefowl? 'Twould be much appreciated. Breeders too.

-MisterCoq

Many tips can indeed vary upon the breed, but in general -

Always avoid hatchery stock, keep males separate from each other, some may start fighting at a very young age depending on breed, you'll actually want the more prone to fight strains over the latter regardless of breed though (except KOs and the sort) give them broad perches, don't feed too much protein, give them either decent leg-room or give them conditioning to make up for it, handle them on a decent basis, it makes for a really good and loyal male especially, avoid housing them in cold or drafty areas especially breeds like Malgache, don't expect a lot of eggs.

Hey Mister, where are you? I may have a shamo stag that needs a home.

Northern Virgina, DC Area.

Many tips can indeed vary upon the breed, but in general -

Always avoid hatchery stock, keep males separate from each other, some may start fighting at a very young age depending on breed, you'll actually want the more prone to fight strains over the latter regardless of breed though (except KOs and the sort) give them broad perches, don't feed too much protein, give them either decent leg-room or give them conditioning to make up for it, handle them on a decent basis, it makes for a really good and loyal male especially, avoid housing them in cold or drafty areas especially breeds like Malgache, don't expect a lot of eggs.

Sounds good. I'll keep that all in mind. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom