Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Hey fellow chicken folk. I just started reading the thread. I want to comment on Ideal's Black Thais. Below is a pic of the biggest chick sent at about 10 months old, Feb 2011. At the same age I had some of Cackle's beautiful Black Sumatras. Of which I still have. I think the Thais have Sumatra blood in them. I have pics of his multiple knots. I sold the Thais last year. He was a big thick beautiful bird. lots of feathering.

LL
A very nice looking rooster, but like Pop said, far from what a Thai should be. Way too stocky. Looks like a Sumatra/Cornish cross, but also like Pop said, the white earlobes suggest something additional.

All in all, though not a purebred Thai by any means, your cockerel was a fine yard ornament that I myself would be pleased to own.

GotGame - I don't mind the lack of colors, or anything in between. More than half of the birds on my yard are the same color spread out amongst different breeds. Can't think of what the color is off hand, BUT, it's a common color in game and I enjoy it.

I'm not really sure why but I'm leaning more towards Asil either way it goes. Going to do a lot of researching while I play around with my new pair. Eventually, I will get hatching eggs of pure stock.

Also, since when did the Shamo's have a crele gene?

Since I put wheaton in um about 2 yrs ago jk lol :p

Jk I have what i call creole shamo bantams used a Dom shamo bantam hen x black cock then bred a Dom son of this mating to wheaton hen.

And a wheaton cock x to wheaton hens.

Last edited:
A very nice looking rooster, but like Pop said, far from what a Thai should be. Way too stocky. Looks like a Sumatra/Cornish cross, but also like Pop said, the white earlobes suggest something additional.

All in all, though not a purebred Thai by any means, your cockerel was a fine yard ornament that I myself would be pleased to own.
Yes,he was beautiful. He would've went well into the project I have going now. Project "BLACK".

I have some FM Orientals that I got from Wclawrence last year. I have a trio of Black Sumatra/Black Giant F1s that I am introducing the FM into now. I just hatched out 20 Blue and Black FM Black Sumatras.

Here are pics of my Brazilians...
LL

LL

Meet Dude's new girl. She has a wing band, but she just showed up one day at a friends house in Houston. I've had her since about January, and in this time she has gone from 4 lbs to 8. I'm thinking she's possibly a cornish cross, but I will just be using this pair for meat birds. She's penciled on all of her tan feathers, and tipped along the bottom of her neck. Unlike Dude, this hen does not have the bald patches on her neck and chest. She is 'full feathered' I believe is the term. And THICK. I believe she has just matured as well, because when I first got her she was tall and lanky. Had a more upright appearance, as the months have gone by not only has she started laying BUT she doesn't have that 'tall' appearance any longer nor is she stream line. What do you guys think? Any chance of some oriental blood in this girl? I hope so. But, the more I compare pictures of her to pictures of birds even just on this board...

You really need to do some research if you think that's a cornish cross...lol! She is most likely a Shamo hen of some sort at that weight and look.

New to orientals, haha. Going to dig deeper and try to get you guys some pics NOT off of my cell phone of this lady. The only reason I thought cornish was due to the size, literally the only reason. I will dig out my camera and wait for a good weather day and post back. She is just... BIG. Again, I will get better pictures and post back when the relentless rain lets up.

Back
Top Bottom