Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Yep. But, as I said before. To allow games to "work" nowadays is pretty much a felony offense in most places, or at the least, a misdemeanor. So I don't encourage it. They are breeds that are excellent to have around, but they can be more costly to raise and to a degree more complicated due to the gameness nature. I think everyone should try games at least once, they're nice birds to have around. But I don't encourage everyone to try and pick up breeding true gamefowl (at least without knowing all of the details) because it isn't an easy task to do.

I will say it again........the real ones are not for beginners.

Walt

I have not as yet bred true gamefowl but I would add another word of caution. Hens, they can be a trial too. A friend gave me an American game hen to use as a broody and she is the Best, a super mother. Before I new it she broke her beak fence fighting. A little late but she now has a solid wall around her pen. As said by Fowlman and others, Games are not for beginners, and I have had chickens since1954, just not those with so much grit. Can't help but admire them for that. .

Hey all I was raised around games my whole life but I'd like to get some Oriental Games and I would like Madagascar or Asil's.So my question is do y'all know where I could find some near Alabama ?

Back
Top Bottom