Our introduction to keeping chickens, the high's, the lows and pics of our journey.

hah that's what I always tell 'em, too!
gig.gif
Just don't show them any studies of grape juice having the same health benefits.

Unfortunately the yanks taste for Aussie wines have declined. Last year a large volume had to be ' written off '. All the better for us, you can get some great bargains on the internet.
What does a Rosemount GSM 2011 go for locally? I'd love me a case of that... A bit of a brutishly strong tasting wine, but I like it. And the Chinese are starting to drink more and more wine all the time, I think last year consumption was higher than production globally due to rising Asian demand.

What does a Rosemount GSM 2011 go for locally? I'd love me a case of that... A bit of a brutishly strong tasting wine, but I like it. And the Chinese are starting to drink more and more wine all the time, I think last year consumption was higher than production globally due to rising Asian demand.

I was watching the finance edition yesterday and I can't remember the numbers but the forecast for this year is not good because orders are down from the US and china.
I'm no wine buff, I like I nice mellow merlot. You can't go wrong with rosemount and I've never had a nasty Browns Bros wine. Anything that is from the barrossa valley or hunter region is usually a safe bet. It's difficult to put a price on a bottle of wine because it varies so much. Our BWS bottle - O seems to have 30% off wine all the time. On websites like ' grocery run ' and 'OO ' you can get a case of ' not too shabby ' wine for $80-$90 with free delivery aus wide. I like pepper Jack and Annie's lane.

Sorry to hear you're down to two eggs Ben. I'm sure they'll be two healthy pullets.
Betty has one with a pip already!!!! She let me peek under with a flashlight/torch, but she's all business flattened out over them.

There are auction site with wine on them? Hahahaha

Long story to shortish.....On April 21 2011 I went to a heavy metal concert and drank a fair bit. I had been working very hard, I logged 122 hours that week and had to work the next day too. It all caught up with me and my hang over lasted until the 24th. I was supposed to be helping my electrician to save me money while he was working for me, my kids just poked me while I was laid up on the sofa absolutely useless to anyone. I paid good money to feel like that and when I felt human again I said "I am going to have a break from drinking, I can't afford it in more ways than one.

Just kind of kept going until now. I have had one sip of wine at my brothers wedding as a toast to a very moving speech, other than that, it's tea, coffee, juice and soft drinks. MUCH to most of my mates disgust hahahaha.

At least my wife always has a driver when she wants to have a few drinks.

Day 20 begins, and one of the eggs in the incubator was not in the same place I left it last night so someone is on the move.

In Rock sister news, still no eggs, 29 week on Thursday. I can only put it down to time of year now. They look mature and ready but what ever trigger they need it has not come yet.

Other than Laverne (L/Ara) none of the other molters have started yet either, guess we will ave to wait until after winter now.

I know how you feel Ben. When we lived in WA my girlfriend was living at doubleview and I was working at karrinyup. She was a midwife , our guys were off doing that ' you can't see me crap ' so I dropped in on my way home from work Friday . She was a champaign drinker, I was not. When Monday rolled round I still couldn't hold anything down but I had to front up for work. I have never even sipped champaign since, not even at our sons wedding. I don't mind a nice glass of red, two glasses and I have ' flash backs ' .
I just popped 9 eggs under my lovely little Priscilla ( Silkie ) . Cleaned her bed out , put some Vaseline on her legs , dusted her and she's as ' happy as Larry. '
The sun is out so I'm taking the dogs on their 3 k walk down the back. :)

That's good news Ben & Wrightx4 - one roll & one pip! Chick pics coming soon
big_smile.png

On the wine front I think wine in Australia is very expensive. They have a weird system of taxing wine on volume instead of value so the cheaper wines are far more expensive than they should be & the expensive wines not as expensive as they should be - the wealthy win. Fortunately I have saved a bundle from practically giving up wine (ulcer), but when inclination wins over common sense I quite enjoy Rosemount shiraz. I haven't missed it nearly as much as I expected to.

Back
Top Bottom