Our introduction to keeping chickens, the high's, the lows and pics of our journey.

Thanks CB.

Had a bit of time to get the sander out and give the little chick feeder a quick going over. I made two, but this one is a bit better. I may make a longer one down the track.

No glue, so the position is adjustable.

Chick position for little ones

More upright for the piggy sized chicks

Two self tapper screws holding the feet on.

Last edited:
Thanks CB.

Had a bit of time to get the sander out and give the little chick feeder a quick going over. I made two, but this one is a bit better. I may make a longer one down the track.

No glue, so the position is adjustable.

Chick position for little ones

More upright for the piggy sized chicks

Two self tapper screws holding the feet on.

I have some mini sewer pipe feeders on my quail pens -

Mine just have cut outs rather than drill holes but they do the job

I'm a Sandgroper, rugby here is not a popular sport, unless you grew up someplace else it's not followed.

Day 9 of this hatch is almost over, past half way to lock down, and almost halfway to fuzz butts. I have been pretty busy the past couple of days so time seems to have passed a bit quicker.

Looking forward to Day 14 candle and weigh. Will be good to confirm we are on track.

We have had quite a bit of interest in the chicks, people we know, family and friends seem keen to pick up some chicks. We will see how that pans out when they are here.

When we lived in City beach we had the biggest grand final pool party you ever saw. We also had snail races. The things new south Welshmen will do to entertain themselves when on foreign soil.
1f61c.png

My hubby and daughter are at the airport. Had to drop the campervan back by 4 pm. It's going to be a long night for them they don't get into Hobart till 7-30 am tomorrow . Sleep 1 night in their own beds then off to launceston for 4 days competition. Lucky me , I get all their dirty laundry.
1f629.png

Back
Top Bottom