Our introduction to keeping chickens, the high's, the lows and pics of our journey.

H, we weathered that winter storm well. No birds were lost to the cold. The phoenix even did well. I let them out of their run today, and they headed straight to the big run to hang with the other birds. If Rod Stewart and Florus wouldn't hurt Gainborough, I'd leave them all together... BUT they'd rip out his tail in no time.

Yes some pics would be cool!

You guys are having a cold snap and ew are in a heat wave. I watched an amazing video of what looks like a frozen river bursting it's banks and sweeping over a lawn into a house. Unbelievable!

Meanwhile, downtown Perth is having a 44C (111F) day, just north of Perth is supposed to hit 50C (122F) I have been running the soaker hose every hour or so foe ten minutes to given the birds some relief.

Yes some pics would be cool!

You guys are having a cold snap and ew are in a heat wave. I watched an amazing video of what looks like a frozen river bursting it's banks and sweeping over a lawn into a house. Unbelievable!

Meanwhile, downtown Perth is having a 44C (111F) day, just north of Perth is supposed to hit 50C (122F) I have been running the soaker hose every hour or so foe ten minutes to given the birds some relief.
i saw that video. i think it was the lake in michigan. **** freaky.

keep those chooks cool ben. we dont want them croaking

Those pics on tele of niagra falls frozen were really cool. Got another little coro hatched yesterday.

Hope things cool down for you Ben.

Yeah, I just walked through the run barefoot to see what the ground temp was like and it was much cooler than thought, damp sand in teh shade has made a big difference.

Out in the sun though.......not the same. Poor quality vid but you get the idea.
0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom