Our introduction to keeping chickens, the high's, the lows and pics of our journey.

all six are out :)

I must stay strong....my incubator will remain packed away as I promised no more......."must keep [STRAIN] my RESOLVE.....Gaaaarrrrggggghhhh, but I love fluffy butts!" hahahahahahaha

Very cute. We are trying to stick to the plan and wait until Sav is up to the task and a few of our younger flock are ready to lay. No more hatching until then!

I must stay strong....my incubator will remain packed away as I promised no more......."must keep [STRAIN] my RESOLVE.....Gaaaarrrrggggghhhh, but I love fluffy butts!" hahahahahahaha

Very cute. We are trying to stick to the plan and wait until Sav is up to the task and a few of our younger flock are ready to lay. No more hatching until then!
but you seem to have no problem getting rid of them.......

but you seem to have no problem getting rid of them.......

Funny you should say that, another one went out the door this afternoon. He was adamant it was for a pet but I am certain it was all a lie. We resigned to the fact that not all will go on to nice homes, no matter how good a specimen they are. This gentleman's little girl had to be spoken to as when our LS walked past the run (she was outside the chicken inside) she kicked at the mesh. First time I ignored it, second time I had to stop her. "We like them to come up to us, please stop kicking my fence and scaring my birds"

Blank looked returned.

I asked the dad if he had brought a cage or box and he said he had something. I decided on the Welsummer cockerel and went out the front, as I walked out to see him off he was loading the Wellie into a feed bag! I might keep some boxes handy so even if they are find a pot after leaving they can leave in peace.

One Araucana, Mr Pecker (kids now have me calling him that) to go and then thats it, final numbers (14 girls 1 boy), well for a while anyway hahahaha. Might have to join a club so we can have up to 25 females legally

Funny you should say that, another one went out the door this afternoon. He was adamant it was for a pet but I am certain it was all a lie. We resigned to the fact that not all will go on to nice homes, no matter how good a specimen they are. This gentleman's little girl had to be spoken to as when our LS walked past the run (she was outside the chicken inside) she kicked at the mesh. First time I ignored it, second time I had to stop her. "We like them to come up to us, please stop kicking my fence and scaring my birds"

Blank looked returned.

I asked the dad if he had brought a cage or box and he said he had something. I decided on the Welsummer cockerel and went out the front, as I walked out to see him off he was loading the Wellie into a feed bag! I might keep some boxes handy so even if they are find a pot after leaving they can leave in peace.

One Araucana, Mr Pecker (kids now have me calling him that) to go and then thats it, final numbers (14 girls 1 boy), well for a while anyway hahahaha. Might have to join a club so we can have up to 25 females legally
start your own club

the western australia peckers

you can be pecker head honcho

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom