Our introduction to keeping chickens, the high's, the lows and pics of our journey.

Hahahaha, so close. Sal is a Salmon Fav girl and Sav is a Salmon Fav boy. I get them confused too.

I got some pictures to share, just need to unload them from my phone before I post them up, maybe after dinner tonight.

Hahahaha, so close. Sal is a Salmon Fav girl and Sav is a Salmon Fav boy. I get them confused too.

I got some pictures to share, just need to unload them from my phone before I post them up, maybe after dinner tonight.
thumbsup.gif
duc.gif

OK, I got a few pics, and thought I might get some extra ones and create a new thread for a few laughs. I will come back and share a link when I get it done.

For now, our modified run. Our old coop is now at the school, and is almost ready for new inhabitants. The wet weather is coming in and after the last downpour where most of our girls just stood in it like drowned rats, I was motivated to cover 3/4 of the run with a tin roof, salvaged from a friend who was upgrading.

From the front, far left is green grape, middle is black Passionfruit and far right is yellow Passionfruit. The cubby house dubbed "Chick-Inn" is far right.

Inside, I had moved one support and the little grow garden. Tin is now 2 meters deep with another 2 meters is wire mesh for the vines.

Relocated grow bed, has a bit of everything growing in there, mostly grass though.

Sal's first egg, she laid another more purple one today. Caught her in the act!

OK, I got a few pics, and thought I might get some extra ones and create a new thread for a few laughs. I will come back and share a link when I get it done.

For now, our modified run. Our old coop is now at the school, and is almost ready for new inhabitants. The wet weather is coming in and after the last downpour where most of our girls just stood in it like drowned rats, I was motivated to cover 3/4 of the run with a tin roof, salvaged from a friend who was upgrading.

From the front, far left is green grape, middle is black Passionfruit and far right is yellow Passionfruit. The cubby house dubbed "Chick-Inn" is far right.

Inside, I had moved one support and the little grow garden. Tin is now 2 meters deep with another 2 meters is wire mesh for the vines.

Relocated grow bed, has a bit of everything growing in there, mostly grass though.

Sal's first egg, she laid another more purple one today. Caught her in the act!
How lovely it is to see some that have green plants!! ohhhhh I so want spring!

Looks great Ben!

Lol, don't talk to me about eggs . I waited all day yesterday for those lazy coro girls to lay me an egg. Finally got that dozen on their way to QLD . Collecting now for SA. George's babies are certainly getting around.

Today out little Maran laid her first egg!

A nice little birthday present hahahaha for me and out 4 pullets that became hens today too.

It's not as dark as the egg she hatched from so here's hoping she darkens a bit more as the season goes on. Five eggs today, the most we have seen in quite some time.

Still to lay is the Amy the SPW (52 weeks today!!!) Olive the xbreed and the two baby rocks, plus the four hens in moult.

Back
Top Bottom