Our introduction to keeping chickens, the high's, the lows and pics of our journey.

Apparently I am not meant to have Sal. Favs....
he.gif

Out of 32 eggs, I have 3 chicks.... and one isn't a Fav.... It came out of the Fav eggs, but is the wrong color, has clean legs that are green and no extra toes.

Oh thats no good Lindz. You are not alone, I had a black Australorp hatch from a Salmon Fav egg too.

Happy to look over the hatch stats with you if you like, see if we can find what happened.

Apparently I am not meant to have Sal. Favs....
he.gif

Out of 32 eggs, I have 3 chicks.... and one isn't a Fav.... It came out of the Fav eggs, but is the wrong color, has clean legs that are green and no extra toes.

oh no!!! thats a bummer! I had a great hatch, did you eggtopsy or what do you think went wrong. I wonder if someone got the eggs mixed up. I have to keep a close eye on DH when he says he wants to collect! ughhhh its a cute chick though!

Luna the BA is still laying, the only hen holding they fort. The four pullets are doing well too laying most days.

I am impressed with Sal the faverolle's egg size as too Summer's. Although Summers are now lighter and more speckled than her earlier reddy coloured eggs.

From the feed back if the Marans we sold, we have kept the darkest layer. I do solemnly swear they are darker than any pic I can get if them lol. I know they are not really dark, probably what a wellie it Barnie should be laying, but it's the darkest we can get for out collection!

One of Marries next Luna's from today.

Weather is starting to look like winter, still in shorts and tee shirt, but plenty if wet stuff around!

That's not bad at all ben. I have a couple of marans that lay a more light and speckled egg and some that lay quite dark. I am only hatching from the darkest eggs so we will see how my next generation lays. I too wish we could get marans eggs like they have in the U.S.

Thanks Satay, so hard to get decent pics of the shade.

I got one the other day of our Wellie and Maran together as a comparison but they are on my phone, have to send them over next time I have the cord out.

Back
Top Bottom