Our introduction to keeping chickens, the high's, the lows and pics of our journey.

yuckyuck.gif
Intercontinental glamour huh? sheesh Nice lookin' birds CB & CG. Ben, one day you'll own a hatchery at your present rate
duc.gif

Hahahaha, I should check my lotto numbers and see if w have won, then we can build and open the bed and breakfast "Chick-Inn" on a few acres lol.

In the meantime we will stick to our unfertalised eggs.

One of todays jobs, clean to poop barrel out....oh brother than job is a smalley one. At least the lawn is going to love me!

We had our fancy dinner last night with the running guru Steve Moneghetti.

Was pretty flash but the servings were pretty small (as most fancy places probably are) We got some great one on one time with Mona's and we left pretty pleased (although, a bit hungry!)

In chicken news, this morning before I finished the morning duties I had collected 5 eggs and there were 3 girls on nests! I think today could be another good number!

Was pretty flash but the servings were pretty small (as most fancy places probably are) We got some great one on one time with Mona's and we left pretty pleased (although, a bit hungry!)

In chicken news, this morning before I finished the morning duties I had collected 5 eggs and there were 3 girls on nests! I think today could be another good number!
Good to hear that all went well with your Dinner Date.

Scott

Did you manage to get pictures with him Ben? Sounds like your girls are on fire with their laying. Gratz.

WARNING! Non chicken related post!

We did get one picture on my phone, but the flash was off so it is not the best quality. I will make up for lack of celebratory pics with some other ones! (I'm in a jovial mood this morning)

The food was great, but I have to say not a 'runners portion' hahahaha. I left hungry and had to stop for something to eat on the way home hahaha.

I was like.....

There was about 30 people in total and we nearly missed our chance for a personal chat as an employee took the spare seat at the end of the table (one set so Steve could move among the guests and chat) when he got to where she was sitting he looked down, I looked up and he say's "no spare seat at this end" and walked away!

I very much had my 'Bert Stare' face on after that, the employee sitting there had no idea what had just happened.

Example of a Bert Stare for those who don't know it, my equivalent of a chickens 'stink eye'

The main came out, which was a lovely dish, I could have ate three more without blinking then they offered us a pic on the way out. I thought it was over, our chance to talk with a legend over.

I was like....

We got our picture and I asked if we could stay back for a quick chat. He said that was cool so we took a seat to wait out everyones handshakes and photo's.

When the crowd cleared, he came and sat with us, only to be dragged away 3 seconds later by the same person who was sitting in the chair. Again, I had my Bert Stare going on and Alicia laughs a hearty laugh "She has it in for you sweetheart" I think she was right.

I was like.....

We wait a little longer and he comes back, by now the place is almost empty, a couple enjoying their wine and some staff cleaning up.

We then had 10 or 15 minutes of great quality time. He gave me some excellent advice, was interested in my achievements (not a spec on his of course) and then we were off.

Then I was happy as Ernie hahahaha

BTW, 10 eggs so far yipee! Today is a good day!

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a good time, even though there were some obstacles to overcome before you got to chat with him.

The problem with that kind of things organized in fine dining restaurants, is that the organizers tend to try to make it as cheap as possible. A proper fine dining experience is supposed to be 7 or 9 courses, sometimes even 13. And then there's often some amuse bouches between the courses too. But that costs a fair bit.

Back
Top Bottom