Our introduction to keeping chickens, the high's, the lows and pics of our journey.

Lol, thought you'd like this Ben.

Hahaha, thanks! I have seen that pics before, good for a laugh. "But I ran two marathons back to back" lol

Race went well, but I was hoping to finish a bit sooner, I am having trouble with normal body functions like rolling over, standing and putting socks on hahaha. Not a single blister, still have all my toe nails

I finished 50 trail miles in 9 hours 16 min 22 seconds and placed 10th, but there could be two disqualifies ahead of me so I could move up to 8th. It rained for the first 6 hours 46 minutes, then started raining again 40 minutes later until the finish.

A brutal experience that weirdly I enjoyed.

Cleaning the coop this morning was real hoot, took me an hour to do the chores that normally take 10-15 minutes! We also joined the two flocks today, no blood so far so we are off to a good start.

I am yet to find the time to write a race report, but will share it and the video when they are done if you like.

Congratulations Ben!

They attacked me for oatmeal! LOL

She wanted more......

Harriet and the babies getting some supervised free range!

Dust bath time!

This is a cockerel from Harriet's first brood.... he has a really funky comb that seems to be a split between a straight and a pea comb.... He is a EE x Black copper marans

Back
Top Bottom