Our supposed tractor supply pullets.

michele1978

In the Brooder
Mar 8, 2015
Maryland
these were all supposed to be pullets. One is a definate rooster. He has been crowing since 4 weeks. These pics where taken today. I have a hard time because some of them won't let me touch them. So hopefully they will be good enough to help me figure them out. I posted something else and someone mentioned I may have 4 roosters...I really hope not when they were all supposed to be hens.
#1 definitely rooster this pick is mid crowing.

#2 rooster? This one is sweet and likes to be held

#3 this one loves attention and to be held

these were all supposed to be pullets. One is a definate rooster. He has been crowing since 4 weeks. These pics where taken today. I have a hard time because some of them won't let me touch them. So hopefully they will be good enough to help me figure them out. I posted something else and someone mentioned I may have 4 roosters...I really hope not when they were all supposed to be hens.
#1 definitely rooster this pick is mid crowing.
I agree definently cockerel

#2 rooster? This one is sweet and likes to be held
Definently a cockerel also, he has a large comb and dark wing patches.

#3 this one loves attention and to be held
Is a cockerel also, he has a large comb.

Sorry, he is also a cockerel, he also has the signs that he is 100% rooster, patches of darker feathers on wing and a large comb.

Again he is definitely a cockerel, patches on wings and large comb.

Now, for good news, she has the classic Easter Eggger female pattern.

Also a female with classic color.

Last but not least, she is also a female because of color pattern.

Sorry, for the bad :(

Last edited:
If they are that's pretty upsetting. Considering they were all sold to me has pullets. What the heck am I going to do with 5 roosters.

If they are that's pretty upsetting. Considering they were all sold to me has pullets. What the heck am I going to do with 5 roosters.

I'm sorry :(, maybe TSC mislabeled them as pullets, but they were supposed to be straight-run. If it is any consolation, chick number four looks like an Easter Egger that I used to have when he was little, and he grew up to be BEAUTIFUL!

My daughter is going to be so upset about this. I have no idea how we are going to be able to get rid of all these. And how are we going to be able to add more chickens to the group I really didn't want to have different age groups.

My daughter is going to be so upset about this. I have no idea how we are going to be able to get rid of all these. And how are we going to be able to add more chickens to the group I really didn't want to have different age groups.

I take my extra cockerels to the auction by me, they go a little bit older than yours (You get less for them when they are still young) they go for anywhere between 5-10 dollars. The owner says around half of them are sold as pets which is better than knowing their fate for certain. ( It is nice to hope :) )

UPDATE-

The fight and carrying on was just getting worse by the day. I wasn't sure what I was going to do considering I had posted trying To find them homes. Well I got a bite today. I nice gentleman that lives in my town and came and got them today. He said he has mutilple coops and lots of hens and a few roosters already. He told me were he lived and that he wasn't going to harm my guys. He was so excited to have them. He also told me he just had some new babies hatch a few days ago. That I could have a few hens when they are about 8 weeks or so to make sure I don't get anymore roosters. If decide I want more. I was hoping to get a few dollars for them to recoup some of my feeding and bedding costs but decided he could have them for free if he come and got them tonight. He was there in 20 minutes!!!

I kept the white rooster since he loves me. I love him too. LoL I did feel bad about getting rid of rooster #2 also because he was getting quite attached to me also. But I tell you what once they were gone my three girls and my boy were so come and relaxed. You could just see the difference especially in my boy he was aboul to get down off of me and pick and scratch without the fear of being attacked. My #6 in the pics puffed up at him but she seems to be the bossy one out of the bunch of girls.

This evening I went out to check on them because everynight for the last two weeks since they have been outside there was only one night that they went in there coop on there own. It was really windy that night so assumed they were getting away from it. Anyway I was in complete shock I went out there and the 4 of them were inside getting comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom