Papaya seeds

Chicklove4ever

Songster
May 17, 2020
Hi i need to deworm my chickens. I want to use papaya seeds. I know your supposed to make a powder out of them but i wanted to know if raw seeds will still be as effective at deworming my flock??

I would not count on the seeds or powder to be effective at anything other than the vitamins/minerals they contain.
Thank you for your reply!
I cant find dewormer for poultry anywere ive checked all my feed stores and online they only have natural stuff that doesnt work .The only ones i have found is for goats cattle ect. They told me its not supposed to be used for poultry. Any advise would be appreciated What can i use that is safe and effective for my flock?
Thanks in advance!

Thank you for your reply!
I cant find dewormer for poultry anywere ive checked all my feed stores and online they only have natural stuff that doesnt work .The only ones i have found is for goats cattle ect. They told me its not supposed to be used for poultry. Any advise would be appreciated What can i use that is safe and effective for my flock?
Thanks in advance!
Yes, goat and cattle dewormers are what I've seen mentioned here. Determining what worm you are targeting is important.

@Eggcessive @azygous @dawg53
Could you be of help with worming?

Safeguard liquid goat wormer and Valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer are very safe wormers for chickens.
I've been using them for a very long time as well as other off label wormers.
Safeguard and Valbazen are broad spectrum wormers and will eliminate all types of poultry roundworms but wont treat tapeworms.
A different wormer containing praziquantel would be needed to treat tapeworms.
Tapeworms are easy to identify in feces, showing rice-like segments in the feces.

Safeguard liquid goat wormer and Valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer are very safe wormers for chickens.
I've been using them for a very long time as well as other off label wormers.
Safeguard and Valbazen are broad spectrum wormers and will eliminate all types of poultry roundworms but wont treat tapeworms.
A different wormer containing praziquantel would be needed to treat tapeworms.
Tapeworms are easy to identify in feces, showing rice-like segments in the feces.
Thank you so much!😊

Back
Top Bottom