Partridge Olive Egger

Your MPC partridge OEs are beautiful! Here's mine, Philippa, who is almost 5 weeks. I originally thought she was welsummer x CCL, but she has some pretty well-defined sprigs on the back of her comb, so am thinking penedesenca x CCL now.

Sadly no crest, but she's quite personable and has lovely coloration. Anmalg, she looks similar to yours! Can't wait till she starts laying - and hopefully she will lay... that comb has me more than a little worried.

IMG_20180721_142655.jpg

Your MPC partridge OEs are beautiful! Here's mine, Philippa, who is almost 5 weeks. I originally thought she was welsummer x CCL, but she has some pretty well-defined sprigs on the back of her comb, so am thinking penedesenca x CCL now.

Sadly no crest, but she's quite personable and has lovely coloration. Anmalg, she looks similar to yours! Can't wait till she starts laying - and hopefully she will lay... that comb has me more than a little worried.

View attachment 1477766
Check her breast feathers to see if she has salmon coloring coming in or black coloring coming in. Salmon is female and black is male. If she has neither, then you have to wait a while longer.

But her even barring pattern across her wings and back, with no splotches of red looks female to me.

CCL are chipmunk striped too.
Not sure what the yellow chick is...odd head/neck fluff on it.
Did they send an extra 'exotic' with your order?

Might want to start a new thread in the breed and gender forum with that pic and the list of chicks you ordered for help with IDing them.

@aart thanks.... I came across a thread from a few years ago yesterday and saw someone had adeptly hyper-linked something in the article and sure enough... it was you! ;) thanks for giving so much knowledge for so long!

Back
Top Bottom