Peafowl 103: Illness, Injury, Medication and Care (in progress)

if its makes you feel better sound like feather lice , and they only feed on feathers.

Gak!!! If that's the case, how do I get rid of them? The ivermectin works because they get poisoned when they bite the bird...but feathers...I did treat her with Sevin, even though I hate to go that far. Will that nuke the little boogers?

It's going to take me a week to unclench my toes and butt.
hide.gif

My peacock keeps pulling his feathers out of a very small patch at the top of one wing it became very sore and infected, this started in December. In January I took him to the vet and he was given a collar and a number of antibiotics. The vet could not spot any insect infection, he had tests for worms and the type of infection. He has been kept in a large greenhouse. The feathers grew back and the skin looked really healthy. He couldnt get to the spot whilst wearing the collar and he stopped trying to peck at it. Yesterday (march) I took the collar off and he has pecked all the feathers out in exactly the same spot. Any ideas greatly received as we love him. He has a mate that is in the greenhouse with him. He is 2 years old.

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif
, the Wonderful World O' Peas!

I'm sure you will get some good advice here about your guy.
However, I think more people will see your question if you start a new thread about your boy.
This is how you start a new thread:

Also, if you can post a picture it might be helpful...
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom