Peafowl eggs - Mail? New to peafowl

Koeyohte

Songster
10 Years
Jul 5, 2012
Hello,

I posted a similar acquisition in the turkey section as I haven't decided yet on whether I would like to go with a turkey or peafowl. So far, I really love the coloring of India blues or pieds, though I don't know anything about the pieds - which colorations they are mixed from, etc.

Does anyone here have any experience with shipping hatchable eggs? I would like to start with very young birds or newly hatched so they can be friendly. I would love to hatch my own. I live in Florida.

Thank you,
~Koey

Hi there. Peafowl are divided into colors and patterns. Pied is a pattern and is readily available in IB peafowl. You can check locally for eggs, there is a breeder directory on the UPA site, www.peafowl.org and you can see who is in Florida near you. Many do ship eggs, including myself. It is important that the shipper is NPIP certified (National Poultry Improvement Plan) as this is the legal way to ship and gives you some assurance that the birds are pullorium and avian influenza clean.

Hatching the eggs is harder than chickens, but definately doable. You can find lots of info here on BYC or on the UPA site that describes how to incubate peafowl.

Good luck

The website is very, very helpful. Thank you!

Your information also is helpful and I know I need to do more reading about the birds and especially incubating. Thank you very much!
~Koey

Back
Top Bottom