Pekin Duck Club!

Could have been she was low on totem pole so to speak. Your giving her some great TLC.If you keep letting your birds and her be around each other they will soon get use to the newbie and be fine together it just takes time.

Yes all your birds can have the ACV and PND I won't hurt them at all do the ACV a couple times a week as a tonic also.

She sounds like with your care she is going to be fine. I thought that was great info too.

Here I am again.... So I kept the Peking in the wash room for the first 1 1/2 weeks to make sure she got good doses of nutra drench. Very vocal at times, especially when she sees me, good appetite. I don't think her bill will ever be clear of the black spots.. It's going to be 3 weeks on Monday that I took her in because daughters drake was so hard on her daughter thought she was going to die. Anyway my flock... 4 chickens and 2 ducks raised together are still being jerks. At night, especially when everyone is getting ready for bed, she follows the 2 ducks and they hurry to get away from her. Makes me so mad. And then, the 2 brown chickens are always puffing up and will chase her out of their way. The first night I left her in the pen at night... I swear she stood at the gate as if to say, " hey where are you going lady. Aren't you taking me"? I have 2 coops but all want to pile in together.. today I noticed that someone had pecked her bill and took a chunk out of it. I don't know what to do...... Any suggestions?

Or try one at a time and see how that goes. But yes def keep ducks and chickens separated. If trying 2 doesn't work do the one at a time maybe not having their pal to give them the courage to pick they will become friends faster. Let us know how it goes.

I really can only separate them during the day. Do you think that's okay? My pen with the 2 coops is secured against predators for night so I really have to keep everyone together at night. Also, the 2 original ducks Jackie O and Jill, squawk up a storm if they don't see each other, so it will be interesting separating them. And with all this, I have a hen brooding. Everyday I take her eggs and she is still there. I tried taking her out she went right back. I brought her in the house with me, which she has always liked. When I put her back, of course, right back to the nest. I am going to close that coop today so she can't get back in. Sooooo, really busy around here with my backyard pets.

Let me tell you what the coop/run is like. I have 2 coops in a 100 sq ft pen. There's a run attached to that where there is a big pool for the ducks and plenty of room for all to peck around. When everyone is done egg laying, which takes to early afternoon, I move all to a big area at side of house with lots of ivy, dirt and bushes. everyone follows me over there and there is always a special treat. Here I have another pool for the ducks too. Hope this gives you a good visual of my place

Back
Top Bottom