Pekin Duck Club!

Hi All, I just adopted two, year old Pekin ducks (female), and they are the sweetest. They seem a little skittish, but are settling in to a new place so that’s understandable.

They both have different colored eyes, wondering what color your Pekin’s eyes are? Honey is blue and Rose is brown 🥰

043.JPG DSC00930.JPG

Here they are! You can’t really see the eye color, I am so happy to have adopted them!

Okay, second Q: what are your ducks sleeping habits/where do they sleep?

I have their duck coop connected to a large run with their little pool. It is all predator proof so once they are in, they’re safe. It is raining a little and I just went to check on them, and the ladies were just hanging out in the run (it’s dark now). I know the space is new to them, and I never saw them go in the coop or explore it all day. So I hearded them into the coop and left. I check an hour later and they are sitting by their pool splashing their heads in the water 😂 so I hearded them back in the coop.This may sound silly but it is raining tonight and it’s chilly, I don’t want them to get sick. Is it weird they don’t want to sleep protected/under cover? I know wild ducks sleep outside with little shelter...

FYI - this is my first time having ducks, I’m used to chucked who are like clock work perched in their coop at night!

Attachments

• BEB8950E-CA87-45CF-B563-A52100958AA2.jpeg
    BEB8950E-CA87-45CF-B563-A52100958AA2.jpeg
    973 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom