Pekin Duck Club!

Awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome times 20 day, today!!!!!....lol. Today was the day I have been waiting for since I bought my new friends. Things were perfect and I got to take them to their pond for the first time! It was a blast! Sorry for the excitement...
big_smile.png
....but it was FUN!

the start of the journey...they're just outside their temp pen

The pond is about a hundred yards away or so

they were scared at first....I went on in....lol. ...then they came on in

They could of gone all over, but stayed by me

I'm a guy...not a girl who can't find her razor...haha

I don't want to leave them there on their own yet....I'm not ready for that yet...lol. C'mon duckies!!

their temp pen is right behind me

ETA: oh, and I for sure have 1 drake Pekin and 4 female Pekins...just what I wanted to end up with!!!

Last edited:
We have 4 Pekin dicks, they are a joy to watch and interact with. We bought ours a couple of months ago for our granddaughter. I belive they are 10 weeks old now. They have just lost all of their yellow coloring. 1 has a black feather on it's back with a few black feathers at the base of wings.

3acres, I love your photos! How great you have a pond for them as well, they must love it!

Thank you! I appreciate it! Yes, I am grateful to have that pond right there for them...I think they will love it! I'll probably eventually have electric poultry netting around that pond and a huge place for them to roam and be safer when I'm not right by them. I'm always here, but just in case. Their permanent home will be just up the hill from it. Peepers looks to be a very nice 2 week old Pekin! ...as well as the rest of your barnyard flock!

I would love to join and share stories and pics and info and advice. I have 2 peking ducks 1 male and 1 female that we call romeo and juliet my hubby wanted to name them bonnie and clyde and i jus could not do it. But i am going to post phots here in a minute/ the question i have is I have one of each and when do they start laying and i want to breed them but i have nothing but one of the kiddie pools,it is the bigger ones but i heard you have to have a lot of water for them or they will not breed? I

f that is the case i guess i will be digging a small size pond for them to get in if i have to. i only live on a acre and a half but i think i could dig one big enough to get them to do there deed lol. so if someone could give me some insight it would be great. and once again i would love to join i look forward to seeing and hearing from you guys. my pics comming soon This is jus one pic i had on hand. i am going to take sum of them with there 2 pools so you can see if they big enough or not.

I would love to join and share stories and pics and info and advice. I have 2 peking ducks 1 male and 1 female that we call romeo and juliet my hubby wanted to name them bonnie and clyde and i jus could not do it. But i am going to post phots here in a minute/ the question i have is I have one of each and when do they start laying and i want to breed them but i have nothing but one of the kiddie pools,it is the bigger ones but i heard you have to have a lot of water for them or they will not breed? I

f that is the case i guess i will be digging a small size pond for them to get in if i have to. i only live on a acre and a half but i think i could dig one big enough to get them to do there deed lol. so if someone could give me some insight it would be great. and once again i would love to join i look forward to seeing and hearing from you guys. my pics comming soon This is jus one pic i had on hand. i am going to take sum of them with there 2 pools so you can see if they big enough or not.
You dont need a pool for them to mate. Mine rarely mate in the pool, it happens when ever the male feel he wants some ;)

Back
Top Bottom