Pekin Duck Club!

Will Muscovies mate with Pekins? I currently have 4 Pekins (1 female, 3 males [with no problems yet, but want just a mating pair or more females with him]) and I want a breeding pair of Muscovies really bad. Will the two completely different breeds associate with each other.

I guess I wouldn't care if they mated together, but my main concern is if having a male of each breed with so few females.

Any thoughts?

My hubby and I just got a pair of 4 day old pekin ducklings. Any tips for us? They are already following us and when we put them up in their bed they get really noisy.

My hubby and I just got a pair of 4 day old pekin ducklings. Any tips for us? They are already following us and when we put them up in their bed they get really noisy.
Don't let them near your garden if you have one! Just found that out the hard way today...
somad.gif
. Lol. But other than that they are super fun, especially if they follow you and like you. Mine are kind of scared of me.

We where told not to use wood shavings as they eat them but straw and that is exactly what happened when we tried them. We kept ours in a box they grow up so quickly we also used a heat lamp for them plenty of water every day changed mant times. And the sure eat a lot. We where not able to get duck food but food that was made for fowl we used that it is not medicated. We made a mistake now that the where seven weeks old chick layer should have used chick finisher. So I think two have vitamin difficiency. One is weak see other postings on what we have tried. Enjoy them they are so cute especially love the water.

I'm using Dumor feed. Anyone know anything about it? How much Niacin or Brewer's yeast to use? I have 2 5 day old Pekin ducklings? When do I start giving them treats and training them?

I have not heard of dumer food. Niacin 100 to 150 mg per 1 gallon of water. By the plain. If it has something else in it to make it no flush it is not the right one. I got mine from the grocery store. I brewers yeast per cup of feed. My ducks are eight weeks old. I just started doing this as one of mine has symptoms of bit deficiency. My year old ones never had problems like this. We started with the treats right away. A little at a time. They love them especially watermelon. Don't overdo it. The feed is the most important thing . They also love water baths shallow pan at first supervised. Then aesthetic get their feathers they can use deeper waters. They are a pleasure to watch. They need to clean their eyes and nostrils for well being. Enjoy.

I looked up dumor feed it is sold at tsc USA side. It has 15 percent protein. That is what we had our first ducks on that are one year old. Had no problems with them. I recognized the packaging when I looked I didn't realize that is what it was called starter feed then when you are finished with the first bag change to grower finisher. Don't give them layer if you have any male ducks or drakes

Back
Top Bottom