Pekin Duck Club!

Thanks countrygirl74

He seemed to eat it (oyster shell) because she was, but hasn't touched it since. LOL He is very nosey. I will keep them on the duck grower then. I had switched to chickens to layer and thought I needed to do the same with the ducks. Sounds like they don't lay anywhere near the same amount (think I read 30-100 a year?) Do you use yours for baking?
I haven't posted a pic for a while.

I love that pic and that sign is priceless. your babies have grown up.
big_smile.png

Hi Miss Lydia
Thanks. They have grown so fast. Went to a friend's farm on the weekend to see her new Muscovy chicks and I so wanted to bring some home. Seems so long ago that they were little fluffy yellow balls. My son put the sign up. lol

Here is the other view of their run. We are going to try them out in the yard loose when we are home since they run to us when we go out to the pen. That way we can keep a close eye on them.

The chickens are up top, they each have a 4x4x8 area, the left side is windows with grating for screening so nothing can get through and the right side is double doors for cleaning and changing food and water. The ducks have a nesting box in the chicken run (you can see the chicken nesting box in the duck enclosure)

Here is the other view of their run. We are going to try them out in the yard loose when we are home since they run to us when we go out to the pen. That way we can keep a close eye on them.

The chickens are up top, they each have a 4x4x8 area, the left side is windows with grating for screening so nothing can get through and the right side is double doors for cleaning and changing food and water. The ducks have a nesting box in the chicken run (you can see the chicken nesting box in the duck enclosure)
That is an awesome coop/house love it. Did ya'll build and did you find plans or just design on your own? You should really make a thread showing all of it inside and out folks always looking for coop designs. Good to see you.

I applaud your sense of aesthetics and your ability to put together such a lovely shelter. Wow.

Thanks countrygirl74

He seemed to eat it (oyster shell) because she was, but hasn't touched it since. LOL He is very nosey. I will keep them on the duck grower then. I had switched to chickens to layer and thought I needed to do the same with the ducks. Sounds like they don't lay anywhere near the same amount (think I read 30-100 a year?) Do you use yours for baking?
I haven't posted a pic for a while.

I haven't had mine at laying age through a winter yet, but my Pekins have not taken a single day off since the 1st of April!! They even laid through the heat waves we had. All in all, they've been better layers than a lot of my chickens! We'll see how much they slow down once it gets cold...
I sell some of my ducks eggs. The rest I use for baking and eating. I mix one duck egg with one chicken egg for an omelet and it makes them so fluffy!

That is an awesome coop/house love it. Did ya'll build and did you find plans or just design on your own? You should really make a thread showing all of it inside and out folks always looking for coop designs. Good to see you.
X2!

Back
Top Bottom