Pekin Duck Club!

Nice to know a little about our members, Bducky. I am old enough to be a grandmother.
old.gif
A youngish grandmother.
lol.png

What's the kitten's name?

And I am very grateful that you let us know what's going on a little bit. Sometimes people go away and we don't know what happened.

That's not bad, this is a voluntary forum, it's just nice to stay in touch some.

Speaking of in touch, have we heard from DenverDucky? I am concerned, as there were those big floods in the Denver area last week.

Ok I had to check in. Yes they were both females. And I will drop in, have a new kitten that requires alot of attention. There is something I never told you that I feel the need to tell you know... I am only ten years old. This may not surprise people, but I just thought I should tell you.
Lol I don't think anyone here cares :D Take care and enjoy your new kitty. Sorry you don't have your duckies anymore. I'm sure they will miss you!

Thank you everyone that replied! haha I can sleep in peace tonight :hugs
Never realised muscovy ducks came in all white. Can't believe the whole time I thought I was raising pekins.. Silly me :lol:

look at my duck....look at my duck....she's a pretty duck... look at my duck! Jumbos just keep growing and growing. This is my best girl. Her name is Izabel. Luv that duck. Look at my duck!

look at my duck....look at my duck....she's a pretty duck... look at my duck! Jumbos just keep growing and growing. This is my best girl. Her name is Izabel. Luv that duck. Look at my duck!

Beautiful beakie! My ducklings are Jumbo Pekings. I have seen pics of them compared to a regular Peking and my are they big! I put calcium powder with D-3 in their grain and niacin in their water to help them develop strong legs to support all that weight. They are just over a week old and have more than quadrupled in size. My last two ducks were regular sized Pekings and they were big enough lol! When I went to order new beakies from McMurray I saw they had jubos and just couldn't help myself- I had to get 'em!

I found this photo somewhere online which features a regular sized female Peking in the middle and a male Jumbo Peking on the left and a female jumbo on the right (cut off.) You can see the difference in size between the two females and wow what a difference!

Okay, I hate to say it but I'm thinking about selling my pekin pair and starting over with a flock of muscovies. They are two big and healthy adult birds. One is a hen and the other is a drake. What should I price them?

Okay, I hate to say it but I'm thinking about selling my pekin pair and starting over with a flock of muscovies. They are two big and healthy adult birds. One is a hen and the other is a drake. What should I price them?
I think adult Pekings are hard enough to re-home for free, even, as it is, sometimes. I wouldn't make the price very high. People prefer ducklings. Since a drake is involved it makes it harder because they are the first to go when people have flocks of Pekings and there are often too many drakes in them. You should definitely sell them as a pair though, however, because they are a bonded pair and will get depressed and I have heard can even die from being separated after being together their whole lives. Bottom line: A low price, to a good home, must sell as a pair... Just my thoughts on this.

Back
Top Bottom